Sky problems with multiswitch

mjansma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 Quattro lnb's - multiswitch 13/8
Astra1/2/3
My Location
devon
I have 3 Quattro Alps lnb's on Astra 1/2/3, connected through a Vantage multiswitch 13/8.

Astra 2 on port 1, apparently needed while Sky receivers don't work with Diseqc, so only look at the first lnb connected.
Signal strengh is +/- 95% on all 3 lnb's

Everything worked fine with my receivers, a Humax PVR9700, and a Aston Xena 1700 for Dutch channels.

Now we've ordered Sky, and only when I switch off the 22mhz on the Sky box, I've got a signal, but only reception on freeview channels.

Pretty much the same as another post, don't tell me my multiswitch is also broken, it works fine with the other receivers.

All the help is welcome.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Check the Astra2 feeds from the quattro haven't been inserted into the wrong ports of input 1 on the switch. A mix up here will give the symptoms you've described.

mjansma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3 Quattro lnb's - multiswitch 13/8
Astra1/2/3
My Location
devon
satelliteman said:
Check the Astra2 feeds from the quattro haven't been inserted into the wrong ports of input 1 on the switch. A mix up here will give the symptoms you've described.

Sorry for the late response,
All connections are fine, triple checked.
Standard receivers work fine with the FTA channels.
It feels as if The Sky-box, HD and normal one, can't verify the
card back through the switch.

I always read that Sky doens't work with multiswitches (Diseqc), but also read that as long as you put the astra 2 on port 1 it , that's where he automatically looks, it will work.