Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
Hi
When I am recording with sky + I can't watch other channels it says "no satalite signal being received" any ideas anyone!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you checked the signal readings in Services/System Setup/Signal test and does it show good signal on both inputs?

If it doesn't and in the first instance, try swapping the cables around and see what reading you get. (you may have to reboot to test properly)

pplma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
oficial tvcabo/tm1500ci+/tm3100d/head500hd/comag hd/2x 80cm motor. /80cm fixed hispasat/ 1 fixed astra 19.2 /1 fixed astra 28
My Location
uk
can be the lnb dont call sky to sort that because if you are out off war. you will pay 65£........call a private eng to save some££££££££:-HoHo

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
hi guys
The signal for input 1 is good with a strong signal but the signal for input 2 isn't even grayed out as to say no signal, I wonder if theres a break in the cable!! if the cable isn't broken what could it be as I renewed the LNB when sky was installed not long ago, you remember Rolf answering a few question for me.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
what about the connector at the back of the SKy box, has the coax come away from the connecter?

try unplugging the power for 5 mins, then plugging it back in.... note that it wont switch straight back on, its like waiting for the slowest pc in the world to boot up :D

hopefully its one of the above... for the sake of your wallet

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So are you saying that if you swap the cables around, that then number one tuner has no signal?

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
Yes Rolf, I swapped the cables around and there is no signal on no:1 but no:2 is good, surely this must be the cable??

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
UPdate on this proble.
I unscrewed the second line at the lnb end and the core had a small break in it, cut it away and it all works fine again.
Just goes to show sometimes the simple things are worth checking before you start spending your hard earned.
Thanks for all your replies and comments:-worship

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well done. glad you got it sorted, sorry I didn't reply to your previous post, must have been sidetracked. :)

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
No problem Rolf.
I've posted another query maybe you can help me with.
Thanks

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
That only took two months to sort out,lucky you followed Rolfs advice.:)

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
Yes 2 months of bad weather, I ain't going up no ladder for no one not even myself.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I get paid for it ,but sometimes i wonder if its worth it.
Atchoo !

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
oohhhh cold hands in the p***y rain I don't think so!
but if it was my job then you gota do what you gotta do, I'm a gardener so I have my fair share of the bad weather thank you very much.
Keep up the good work fellas :-worship

Philious

Philious
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
Desktop Pc
My Location
Stoke
update
Took the dish down and fitted the LNB securely, it wouldn't fit with the sleeve fittings that came with the LNB so just used one side and pushed it in as much as I could :) erected the dish back in its place pulled down the connector protective case and checked the signal strength was 100% and the quality was 50% job done all working fine :)
Thanks again fellas:-righton