Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Sorry, missed your recent post.

The FSFS card will have no effect on your expired subs card providing the FSFS card isn't activated in the box that the expired subs card is paired with.

mikk

Reaction score
I have a blue house card that allows recording but obviously only on the fta channels, I heard 3 months in the cupboard.

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
PaulR said:
Sorry, missed your recent post.

The FSFS card will have no effect on your expired subs card providing the FSFS card isn't activated in the box that the expired subs card is paired with.

@mikk
very interesting, I have heard of this before, but as I have my new white card the blue one stopped working.

@PaulR
The white card (FSFS) ran out so I did a 'new install' in 401 menu and today I have my FTV channels back. This is in my old SD box.
With referance to your comments,
I should now be ok to power the HD box on for the first time in approx 7 weeks, and use the FSFS card, still with a view to the possibility of recording with my ex sub card at a later date?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
An activated FSFS white card can be moved from box to box without problems (currently! - $ly always have the ability to pair a card exclusively with a receiver but appear to have chosen to only do this to premium cards and above).

As long you realise it's only a possibilty - yes. I'm still confused why you want to use a FSFS card in the HD box instead of the expired subs card. This will now behave like a FSFS card in the box it was paired to - which was the HD box, wasn't it?

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
PaulR said:
An activated FSFS white card can be moved from box to box without problems (currently! - $ly always have the ability to pair a card exclusively with a receiver but appear to have chosen to only do this to premium cards and above).

As long you realise it's only a possibilty - yes. I'm still confused why you want to use a FSFS card in the HD box instead of the expired subs card. This will now behave like a FSFS card in the box it was paired to - which was the HD box, wasn't it?

Yes you are correct, but i'm trying to keep the ex subcard away from the HD box because of the recording possibility in 6 months time?
I am using the white card from the SD box so I can have access to the FTV hd channels.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ah, got it. Best of luck.

mikie8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Diablo wifi
dgstation 200s+ modded to 64Mb
Gibbertini 1.2M Channel Master feedhorn Inverto white
Fibo 90Cm fibo motor inverto white
85cm generic 2600 TM , black ultra
Superjack dp6600
Pace Mss-500
My Location
dagenham
pace 3100 boxes can be flashed to record fta channels but it still wont record ftv channels .

addis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD (no HD sub) plus freesatfromsky
My Location
Leicester
I've just upgraded my sky+ box to a sky+HD box (without a HD subscription). As a subscribed sky customer can I put my freesatfromsky card in my Sky+SD box and continue to use it's recording features?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Welcome to the forum addis

The general consensus is that you won't get the recording facilities. That includes not being able to play back anything that's already recorded on the $ly+ box. However, you have nothing to lose by putting the FSFS card in.

Please let us know what happens.

Dafmeister

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky + HD full subscription, Sky + SD no subs
My Location
Wales
Hi All, First Post. Just thought you'd like to know just tried plugging my old sky+ SD (white card) box in after being off for over three months and switched off before subs cancelled. All sky + features worked for a few hours but then recording and live pause etc stopped working. I can still play back old ftv recordings but that's about it.

Absolutely gutted, maybe should have left it for 6 months... but still might not have worked. £10 a month seems steep for something that you've essentially already paid for.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, we thought three months was too soon - this confirms it.

Commiserations Dafmeister.

CaptainGlassback

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a Pace Sky Plus box and no card. Is there any way 'around' to record fta channs. (I don't need ftv or pay channs on this box).

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
CaptainGlassback said:
I have a Pace Sky Plus box and no card. Is there any way 'around' to record fta channs. (I don't need ftv or pay channs on this box).

Nope, pay £10 a month to sky or go for a freesat+ or any satellite PVR box instead... :)