Sky Remote Control

eagle

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can my Sky remote be repaired as the batteries have been out for more than 10 minutes and it seems not to work?Also why is this ?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
The Sky remote should still work your digibox, but if you had it set up to work your TV and had the batteries out for more then 10min it will revert back to factory settings.

If this is so you will need to reset it.

eagle

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for your replys.
Its the actual satellite button commands that doesnt work.
The reason I mention the ten minutes is that in my old remote control there was a sticker saying replace the batteries as quickly as possible if removed.I havent actually got the remote control(I bought it on ebay) but my dad has inserted the batteries and he says it doesnt work so I assume it has something to do with this.
For all I know as the old remote was bought 2nd hand that this sticker was from another appliance and has nothing to do with the remote.This is why Im a bit confused.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The sticker is correct in as much as if you leave it longer than ten minutes without batteries it forgets the tv settings,but it should never forget the digibox settings.........................brian

eagle

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks again,
Thats all I needed to know.When I get it Ill reset it and hopefully all should be OK

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If it is NOT working the digibox then it is NOT working at all,resetting will do nothing.......................brian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Having said all of that, it wouldn't be the first time that someone has installed the batteries incorrectly. :) Always worth checking.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
People bring sky remotes to me for repair,because they have pressed the TV buton on the remote,and it wont operate the digibox,a costly and time consuming repair is needed,cash changes hands and the customer goes away happy........brian

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Further to my remark about the remote NOT working at all................it could be the digibox sensor not working........where did the digibox come from,where did the remote come from........people have been known to auction/sell faulty goods.....brian

eagle

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ill first get the remote in the beginning of January so I can check it then.If it is a dud Ill just have to write off the 10 pound spent .
As you said it could be either the batterys being round the wrong way or the TV switch.
The important thing for me is knowing leaving the batteries out doesnt mean too much.

Thanks to everyone for thier good advice.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
This remote saga is worse than Eastenders,at least with Eastenders you only have to wait till Friday..........not bloody January..........brian

eagle

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
dishdoctor said:
This remote saga is worse than Eastenders,at least with Eastenders you only have to wait till Friday..........not bloody January..........brian
Have to wait a bit longer as my Dad has now lost the remote so didnt bring it over.Im going back in february so I hope to find it then.He doesnt seem that bothered as he said it didnt work anyway!

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Not only worse than Eastenders.....worse than Crossroads.

eagle

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If anyone is interested -I was on holiday in England ,got the remote out of the cupboard from which my mum had hidden it ,and it worked first time!!!!

No problem.

My Dad swears it didnt work and that its because hes put the batteries in and left it that its somehow begun to work again.(????!!)

Anyway thanks for all your good advice.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, this is one of those red herring plots. :)

justadude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite & Computer Setup
My Location
bucks
hello im having same trouble. vol an tv buttons working it lights up but as soon as u press sky button try changing channel the red lite doesnt lite up an the box lite doesnt either. tried taking batteries out. tried turning mains off 4 10 min. any more suggestions? :-worship

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
A new set of batteries? There may be enough juice in the old ones for a few button presses and then that's it for a while.

Also check to make sure that none of the buttons is stuck down.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Is this an old remote or a new one? Has it ever worked?