Sky Secret Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luap

Can anyone tell me the requencys for any channels that sky dont put up :confused

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There are at least 5000 satellite TV&radio channels in Europe alone that have nothing to do with Sky.

BSkyb (the UK end of their operations) rents a number of transponders on the Astra2 satellite, and since the demise of their analogue transmissions on Astra1 that's the ONLY satellite they use. Some of their programming (Sky News) is sent out in various other providers' packages on various other satellites, but aside from that, every frequency on every satellite other than Astra2 is from some other organisation.

The Astra fleet of satellites is owned by a pan-European consortium SES, and they rent out transponders to whoever pays them. Other providers using transponders on Astra2 include Felxtech, TVX, a seemingly endless parade of religious and shopping channels, ITN news, etc etc. Some (but not all of them) pay Sky for an entry in their EPG; some pay for use of Sky's transponder capacity; some pay for the use of the Videoguard encrption system; some are entirely independent.

Also co-located at the same 28.2e orbital slot as Astra2 is the Eurobird satellite, which is used by other European providers too, and some of whose channels can be picked up by a Sky box (though they have nothing to do with Sky).

For a full channel lineup at 28.2e, see
http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.shtml
(click on the "DIG" icon on the Sky Digital entries to get the package list)

If above doesn't answer your question, please be a little more specific

2old

JazBabe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
The set-up is fine.
My Location
Derbyshire
luap said:
Can anyone tell me the requencys for any channels that sky dont put up :confused

Follow this:
Set your Satellite to get the live feed all the time even when the red button isn't visible:

On your Sky Remote:
Press SERVICES
Choose SYSTEM SETUP
Then ADD CHANNELS

type in these details via your remote:

Frequency(GHz) 12.480
Polarization V
Symbol Rate(Mbaud) 27.5
FEC 2/3

Then select FIND CHANNELS

Two options will appear. Select 12005, press YELLOW button, then SELECT.

To watch this new channel,
select SERVICES, OTHER CHANNELS, then choose 12005
It's not a secret channel it's just the frequency that Sky has for the live feed for BB.
:) :-looky

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum :)

However let me point out that this thread was originally posted six years ago :)

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Analoguesat said:
Welcome to the forum :)

However let me point out that this thread was originally posted six years ago :)

He's probaly still on dial up :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I think we will let this one slide back into a well deserved retirement. Closed.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.