sky software message

dukeraoul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace box and big dish
My Location
portugal
hi, newbie here and not sure if i am posting in the correct bit but here goes - got home to find the 'updating software' message from Sky and it won't go away! After about 6 minutes the message goes, the lights go out on the box (pace) then a few seconds later the message is back. what has happened? is there any way out of this??
Any comments / ideas would be much appreciated - cheers.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Which model number is the Pace box?

dukeraoul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace box and big dish
My Location
portugal
not sure - i can't see a model number anywhere on it. hang on underneath it says bskyb 2500n. its a basic silver and black thing with two controls in the shape of crosses on the front on each side like the controls on a games console joy pad. any ideas?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may need to leave it running until it succeeds with the update, I'm assuming that you can see the Default transponder. You could possibly try initiating a new forced update, unplug at the wall, then plug back in whilst holding the backup on the receiver, keep it pressed until all of the lights flash.

Sometimes these updates take a few attempts.