Sky Sports 1

denis1501

Specialist Contributor
Messages
482
Likes
56
Location
Lazio, Italy
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset dish for Astra 2 28deg. using Inverto Black Ultra 0.3 quad lnb, Amstrad Sky+ HD, 80cm dish for Hotbird, Sky Italia, Tivùsat, Lenovo Ideapad Z570, 10 mbits broadband.
My Location
Sunny Italy
#1
Anyone suddenly unable to receive Sky Sports 1 through the EPG???
I'm getting the horrible 'No Satellite Signal is being received' message.
No problems with Sky Sports 2 and 3.
Also if I select Sports 1 through 'Add Channels' at 12110H I can view it.
FYI Sky Sports 2 is also now on 12110 H.
regards
D.
 

denis1501

Specialist Contributor
Messages
482
Likes
56
Location
Lazio, Italy
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset dish for Astra 2 28deg. using Inverto Black Ultra 0.3 quad lnb, Amstrad Sky+ HD, 80cm dish for Hotbird, Sky Italia, Tivùsat, Lenovo Ideapad Z570, 10 mbits broadband.
My Location
Sunny Italy
#2
denis1501 said:
Anyone suddenly unable to receive Sky Sports 1 through the EPG???
I'm getting the horrible 'No Satellite Signal is being received' message.
No problems with Sky Sports 2 and 3.
Also if I select Sports 1 through 'Add Channels' at 12110H I can view it.
FYI Sky Sports 2 is also now on 12110 H.
regards
D.
I think it may have moved to 2A North beam!!! 12148.
I hope not.....I can only receive this transponder for an hour in the evening. Please God let them keep it on 12110 as well!!
regards
D.
 

barney

Regular Member
Messages
115
Likes
0
#3
denis1501 said:
I think it may have moved to 2A North beam!!! 12148.
I hope not.....I can only receive this transponder for an hour in the evening. Please God let them keep it on 12110 as well!!
regards
D.
I'M SORRY.
SKY SPORT 1 IS NOW ON 12.148 2A NORTH BEAM.( I HAVE 3 MT FOR IT)
SEE WWW.LYNGSAT.COM
CIAO
BARNEY
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,680
Likes
1,281
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#4
I'll do a check and see if it is listed as such on the meter later Denis. Yes, it is definitely on 12.148 H North Beam I'm afraid.
 

denis1501

Specialist Contributor
Messages
482
Likes
56
Location
Lazio, Italy
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset dish for Astra 2 28deg. using Inverto Black Ultra 0.3 quad lnb, Amstrad Sky+ HD, 80cm dish for Hotbird, Sky Italia, Tivùsat, Lenovo Ideapad Z570, 10 mbits broadband.
My Location
Sunny Italy
#5
rolfw said:
I'll do a check and see if it is listed as such on the meter later Denis. Yes, it is definitely on 12.148 H North Beam I'm afraid.
This is great.....now Sci-Fi is gone on the North Beam also.
I notice I'm the only one complaining about not receiving these channels...I really need to have an expert look at my dish and LNB.Can anyone recommend someone in Lazio? Someone who knows all about Astra 2A North?
regards
D.
 

ameolive

Archived Member
Messages
25
Likes
0
My Location
Rome ITALY
#6
Denis

I'm surprised that you are experiencig these problem with the North Beam.

I'm located in Roma Eur and I can ensure that I manage to see Channel 4 at every hours of the day and night ( even in light rain conditions ).

For your convenience I attached a file with some information as retrieved from my grundig digibox last march.

You may also notice the striking difference between North 2A and 2B.
I asked a couple of times this forum about this difference but so far I never received an answer.

As not being an expert I cannot also explain why there is a difference in signal quality between 11778 ( EPG ) and 12168 ( C4 ) but in any case from my data you should not have any problem receiving 12.448 with a 80 cm dish.

Hoping that this may help

Ciao

Ameolive
 

denis1501

Specialist Contributor
Messages
482
Likes
56
Location
Lazio, Italy
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset dish for Astra 2 28deg. using Inverto Black Ultra 0.3 quad lnb, Amstrad Sky+ HD, 80cm dish for Hotbird, Sky Italia, Tivùsat, Lenovo Ideapad Z570, 10 mbits broadband.
My Location
Sunny Italy
#7
ameolive said:
Denis

I'm surprised that you are experiencig these problem with the North Beam.

I'm located in Roma Eur and I can ensure that I manage to see Channel 4 at every hours of the day and night ( even in light rain conditions ).

For your convenience I attached a file with some information as retrieved from my grundig digibox last march.

You may also notice the striking difference between North 2A and 2B.
I asked a couple of times this forum about this difference but so far I never received an answer.

As not being an expert I cannot also explain why there is a difference in signal quality between 11778 ( EPG ) and 12168 ( C4 ) but in any case from my data you should not have any problem receiving 12.448 with a 80 cm dish.

Hoping that this may help

Ciao

Ameolive
Ameolive,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm living near Sora in Frosinone province and I have a 125cm offset dish (by Fracarro) with an Invacom LNB and a Pace 2600.
My installer didn't have a clue about weaker signals on 2A north and set my system up on the strong Sky News transponder...despite me trying to explain it to him.
Tomorrow with my father in laws help I will be trying the 'Skew' solution recommended by Barney (cheers Barney for your advice) but would like to know whether in your opinion my dish may need to be adjusted....slightly or otherwise.....to receive 2A North better.
At the moment I receive a small signal on 11778 from about 11.30 in the morning and this remains constant until about 17.30 (about 15% signal, no pictures) when suddenly it starts to increase and by 18.00 I can see Granada +, Ch.4 and Sky 1 Mix. By 19.00 I can see British Eurosport trying to break through but it never quite makes it. By 20.00 Sky Sports Xtra and Sky Sports News almost come through but quickly disappear again. By 21.30 the dreaded 'No Satellite Signal is being received' message has completely returned.
Any advice appreciated.
regards
Denis.
 

barney

Regular Member
Messages
115
Likes
0
#8
denis1501 said:
Ameolive,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm living near Sora in Frosinone province and I have a 125cm offset dish (by Fracarro) with an Invacom LNB and a Pace 2600.
My installer didn't have a clue about weaker signals on 2A north and set my system up on the strong Sky News transponder...despite me trying to explain it to him.
Tomorrow with my father in laws help I will be trying the 'Skew' solution recommended by Barney (cheers Barney for your advice) but would like to know whether in your opinion my dish may need to be adjusted....slightly or otherwise.....to receive 2A North better.
At the moment I receive a small signal on 11778 from about 11.30 in the morning and this remains constant until about 17.30 (about 15% signal, no pictures) when suddenly it starts to increase and by 18.00 I can see Granada +, Ch.4 and Sky 1 Mix. By 19.00 I can see British Eurosport trying to break through but it never quite makes it. By 20.00 Sky Sports Xtra and Sky Sports News almost come through but quickly disappear again. By 21.30 the dreaded 'No Satellite Signal is being received' message has completely returned.
Any advice appreciated.
regards


Denis.
Ciao,
here in Abruzzo is the same with a 120 cm. For to get the 2a north beam i have a 3 mt dish, but in Campobasso with a 180 channel Master offset the signal is ok. My friends with a 120 cm can get C4 until 11-12 pm but he has the yours problem.
Regards
Barney
 

barney

Regular Member
Messages
115
Likes
0
#9
barney said:
Ciao,
here in Abruzzo is the same with a 120 cm. For to get the 2a north beam i have a 3 mt dish, but in Campobasso with a 180 channel Master offset the signal is ok. My friends with a 120 cm can get C4 until 11-12 pm but he has the yours problem.
Regards
Barney
Sorry,the invacom has a best performance on low band. I,with a MTI 0.6, had a best performance on high frequency .(PLus,Sport news ,C4)
Barney
 

denis1501

Specialist Contributor
Messages
482
Likes
56
Location
Lazio, Italy
My Satellite Setup
1.25m offset dish for Astra 2 28deg. using Inverto Black Ultra 0.3 quad lnb, Amstrad Sky+ HD, 80cm dish for Hotbird, Sky Italia, Tivùsat, Lenovo Ideapad Z570, 10 mbits broadband.
My Location
Sunny Italy
#10
barney said:
Sorry,the invacom has a best performance on low band. I,with a MTI 0.6, had a best performance on high frequency .(PLus,Sport news ,C4)
Barney
Well guys, if I didn't realize the significance of SKEW before, I certainly do now!
I can now see Channel 4, Granada +, Sports 1, Sports Xtra, Sports News, Sci-Fi with perfect pictures!!!!!!
Cheers Barney, you were the first one to point me in that direction.
Thanks Ameolive, you gave me hope!
I'm off now to watch Sky Sports!!
God, I love this forum!!!!!
regards
D.
 
Top