Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
I live in S Sweden, I have had Sky Sports for almost 14 years, obtained via my brother in London. I have just changed my digibox to a Pace 2600 (installed yesterday) after recommendations from various members on the forum. I can get the normal sky programmes, and my brother rang Sky yesterday and they sent a signal to start Sky Sports again. They said it would take between 2 mins and 4 hrs, after 4hrs we rang again and they sent another signal. It has now gone 21 hrs from the original signal.
Does anyone know how long it should take? Sky have received details of my new box.
Unfortunately the reception on my new box is the same as on my previous box ie some channels have still disappeared, some are pixilated etc ..what other problem sould I have?

ALAN 1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vantage7100ts hd
Humax freesat HDR, Protek 9600ip,Protex 9700HD ip,
STAB 120 HH
1.2 dish 0.1 TM lnb
computer w/vista
My Location
HULL [uk]
A bigger dish 1.1 should stop the pixilateing, i would say the card should have updated in the stated time, why i dont know, but its sky:eek:

G

ALAN 1 said:
A bigger dish 1.1 should stop the pixilateing, i would say the card should have updated in the stated time, why i dont know, but its sky:eek:

Perhaps the dish is not big enough, or aligned well enough (or both) to be able to receive the activation signal via the default transponder?

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Exmanc said:
I live in S Sweden, I have had Sky Sports for almost 14 years, obtained via my brother in London. I have just changed my digibox to a Pace 2600 (installed yesterday) after recommendations from various members on the forum. I can get the normal sky programmes, and my brother rang Sky yesterday and they sent a signal to start Sky Sports again. They said it would take between 2 mins and 4 hrs, after 4hrs we rang again and they sent another signal. It has now gone 21 hrs from the original signal.
Does anyone know how long it should take? Sky have received details of my new box.
Unfortunately the reception on my new box is the same as on my previous box ie some channels have still disappeared, some are pixilated etc ..what other problem sould I have?

First of all...when powered up,does your box boot up after "searching for satellite listings" ?
Since we are not in a position to test your signal from the dish, please check if you can receive SKY News which is FTA and does not require the card.

also when you press services>system setup>signal test do you see any signal on signal quality? If you dont then this explains why your card has not received the activation..

Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
My brother rang sky again and now I can get Sky Sports. They said the problem was that the epg software was not updated. However I have not yet performed a forced software update and sky sports work.
What are the problems with not having the latest epg software?
Iceman, Sky news and sky 1 have disappeared but I can get sky 2,sky3 sky sports news as well as virgin,hallmark,watch etc. Why do you think I cant get sky news?

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Exmanc said:
Iceman, Sky news and sky 1 have disappeared but I can get sky 2,sky3 sky sports news as well as virgin,hallmark,watch etc. Why do you think I cant get sky news?

have you rebooted trhe box since SKY Sports have been activated?If not,unplug the box from mains for few mins then plug it back..you should get the missing channels once the EPG is downloaded and box rebooted..

G

And after that, do a Forced Download if you are currently at a version earlier than 3.6.4.18.

(Although 3.7.xx is now installed on many Boxes, it isn't yet on the F/D stream - not that you want it 'cos it introduces an utterly pointless AutoStandby "feature", which you would immediately want to disable ..........)

Exmanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm dish
Pace digibox
Sky viewing card
My Location
Malmö Sweden
Thanks for advice, my epg software is 3.4.4b. Is this problem?
What are the disadvantages?

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020s,DM800se
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Exmanc said:

Your box has missed few updates and yes this will cause problems..

I would suggest a force software update by unplugging the box from mains and while pressing the "backup" button on the front panel plug the box to mains...keep the "backup" button pressed until all four lights light up on the front panel,then let go...update usually takes about 10 minutes.

G

Exmanc said:

Difficult to say - I've seen many reports from people who have had difficulty getting Cards paired and problems with their EPG through using out of date software but can't specify why this should be.

This may, of course, be coincidental and/or apocryphal: Nevertheless, although 3.4.4 isn't very far out of date, if I were you I'd upgrade it to 3.6.4.18, as I suggested earlier, to be sure of full functionality.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
3.4.4b

Not that an older version but needs the latest as mentioned.