Sky subscription

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
UK
Years ago, I bought a Digibox (Panasonic TU-DSB31) on eBay. I only connected it now, and after a forced software update, it works perfectly. I also have a Sky Viewing Card for the FTA/FTV-channels, and it works fine in the box. However, when I try to purchase something (which shouldn't work anyway, because I bought this activated FTA-card on eBay too), Sky tells me it's not the correct viewing card for this box. So here are my questions:

1. If I buy a paid Sky subscription, will I still be able to use this box?
2. If I buy a paid Sky subscription, will I be able to continue to use my current FTA Sky Viewing card?
3. Do I need a Sky subscription to get premium channels like www.theadultchannel.co.uk (which seems to ask for the Sky Viewing Card number online) or will a FTA/FTV-card be enough, provided I give the necessary payment information?

Thanks ;-)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You must have a current subscription, although there are a couple of the channels who will provide a viewing card via Sky, but you obviously have to have a current account to buy PPV programmes.

phillpayne

My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi all,
well as this is a subscription thread, I suppose I can hijack it :) , has anyone noticed that over the last couple of months, they have slid in a increase in the subscription, not that a rise is a surprise, its just the sly way its gone up, a few pence this month and the same last month??
phil