Advice Needed Sky TV and Polish Tv. Is it possible using the same dish??

Spd1mds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
English cable, dish and polish cable.
My Location
Portishead
Hi All
I hope you are well. I wonder if anyone can belp me at all. I am an English guy and my girlfriend is Polish. We have recently moved into a new house where an old dish was left all wired in and attatched to the roof. Its a new build house where there are 2 satelitte ports built into the wall in the living room (sat1 and sat2). Now this is the thing If I went out and bought sky tomorrow. Im certain the dish would be susficient and sky would do the install quite happily even leave the dish there perhaps. The issue i have is my girlfriend pays for a polish decoder where she usually hooks it up to any existing dish and it finds signal through abit of wiggling of the dish. This is fine however is the a way using 1 dish can be set up for both sky and polish tv using the same sat1 and sat2 plug ins indoing so recieving signal for both services? Presumably then changing over from one tv service with the remote using seperate hdmi leads? I would then need some sort of splitter would I?

The other question is if polish tv works off hotbird and sky works off another sat like astra is this easy for a qualified professional to set up? I will be arrAnging for someone to take a look but i dont want to be installing another dish as it will make the house look ugly. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Scott

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - install a 60cm or 80cm dish with the prime focus on Hotbird 13E.

Then set up an offset lnb for 28E. Run three cables (two from the 28E lnb and 1 from the 13E lnb.

You can then hook up a Sky+ or Freesat pvr box to the 28E lnb, and the gf can watch her programming via her decoder. (If her receiver is a pvr box run 2 cables from the 13E lnb as well)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Ditto what AS said. Happy to help you out in Portishead as you're only up the road from me (assuming you're in the Village Quarter?).