Status
Not open for further replies.

abbas emmi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax fox
My Location
london
I have been reading a lot of articles about this question. I'm still not quite sure about the answers. Lots of people seem to have trouble with that.

My question is ; is it possible to use sky uk hd card on a card sharing system ? Will i have to use the card from time to time in its original box so that it gets essential updates or a proper config does the shop?

Could someone please confirm me, " yes , you can share your sky uk hd card or no, you cannot, just forget about it. "

Thank you.

abbas emmi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax fox
My Location
london
abbas emmi said:
I have been reading a lot of articles about this question. I'm still not quite sure about the answers. Lots of people seem to have trouble with that.

My question is ; is it possible to use sky uk hd card on a card sharing system ? Will i have to use the card from time to time in its original box so that it gets essential updates or a proper config does the JOB?

Could someone please confirm me, " yes , you can share your sky uk hd card or no, you cannot, just forget about it. "

Thank you.

Just a correction to my pidgin English........

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The reality of the situation is that nobody really knows exactly what will be able to be done with the white cards until the cardswap is finished and the counter measures it inevitibly carries are switched on, any claims above that are speculative.

abbas emmi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax fox
My Location
london
White cards have been in use for a while now. I'm sure , at present time, somebody out there must be using these new cards for sharing.

Sky Uk started to change the blue cards in order to stop people using their cards for sharing purposes.

As far as i know, treplacing cards involves a lot of time and money.

Apparently, people are waiting for something (bad ) from sky.?????????? Who has got this kind information from where? Who says sky will start doing SOMETHING soon? How do we know? Who is the RELIABLE source?

To cut long story short, white cards are being used for c / s. So it is doable.......

Am i right or no?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wotsat magazine had an article about it last month.

Once the blue card swapout is completed new software will be downloaded to all digiboxes and new anti c/s measures implemented.

No exact details were given (obviously)

There is also strong evidence that the card swap was a contractual event between Sky & NDS - and it also means that any possible advances the hackers have made towards breaking the blue cards is now wasted :D

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
abbas emmi, to answer your question, yes, it is currently possible but with what happened with Sly IT no one yet knows what might follow. We have an extensive thread regarding the subject please use it. I am taking a active stance on closing duplicate content threads and as such , thread closed !

Status
Not open for further replies.