Sky+ & Video Sender compatability?

E

excitermode

Recently got SKy+ installed. The video sender (Philips all-in-one) that worked well with Sky digital is not with Sky+ The picture is frazzled. Is there a compatability issue, a fix or a recommendation (other than co-ax)?

Thankls
Michael.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know there should be no difference between the standard digibox and the Sky+ box scart outputs, what settings are you using in the picture setup section and which scart outlet on the sky+ box are you using?

E

excitermode

Thanks. Using TV scart outlet on Sky+box to Video sender. Then Scart from video sender to TV. Frazzled picture. The picture set-up setting is for RGB.

Thoughts?

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Might be better as pal composite, what do you mean by frazzled though, is it breaking up or just poor quality? :)

E

excitermode

rolfw said:
Might be better as pal composite, what do you mean by frazzled though, is it breaking up or just poor quality? :)
Yeah its breaking up. My video sender is RGB compatible.

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If it is breaking up, it could well be some external interference, perhaps from the HDD in the Sky+.

E

excitermode

rolfw said:
If it is breaking up, it could well be some external interference, perhaps from the HDD in the Sky+.
Thanks, would you say its faulty then the (Sky+) or is that to be expected?

I have a dvd player scarted into the video sender also and its recieved fine by the 2nd TV. I also ran a scart from the Sky+ box to the 2nd TV and the picture is perfect - so the problem only occurs when the box scart is fed into the video sender. Very strange - can't work it out!