sky viewing card

macosta

Reaction score
hello i have a yellow sky viewing card. a friend gave it to me and i want to know if it is possible to re-activate or try someting else to view the chanels for free, i have no problem in accuiring a sky digibox if necessary.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant view Sky channels for free

You want = you pay.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Analoguesat said:
You cant view Sky channels for free

I think he means the FTV channels (ITV etc)

The card with the house picture is the latest one and the one that can be reactivated.

Don't think you can activate the old yellow cards - someone will know for sure.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I thought that the old yellow cards were analogue.

iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
I belive the latest blue card with the yelllow house can only be activated in the original box it was registered..If the box is different SKY will issue a new card whether be it for Freesat or sub...
I have a few of these subscription expired cards+boxes & they clear Freesat channels.If i keep them unplugged for long periods then they loose Freesat channels & i need to have them connected to a dish (for sometimes up to a day) to get updates to clear these channels..

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
i think the yellow cards will still get itv channels, until sky finally switch them off, but sky probably wouldn't now re-activate them for a different digibox.

But, you can get the itv only (freesat) blue card for a nominal fee anyway (Sky then hope you'll upgrade it for packages!).

if you have a yellow card in the wrong digibox, about the only thing it will do is display itv channels in the epg, nothing else!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the card is not blue with a yellow house on it, you will get diddley.

Would be interesting to hear back from the original poster to find out what the card actually looks like.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
rolfw said:
If the card is not blue with a yellow house on it, you will get diddley.

Would be interesting to hear back from the original poster to find out what the card actually looks like.

Imagine putting a yellow house on a card, why not white, terracotta,cream,etc but Yellow. Reminds me of Coldplay Its all yellow.

DippytheDish

Reaction score
My Location
Suffolk/Essex border
If it's a "yellow house" type Sky Viewing Card and it's been used before, the best you will be able to do is activate it for ITV1, ITV2, Channel 4 & 5 by leaving it in the Digibox for 24 hours. If it's a virgin Sky Viewing Card that has never been activated before, it can be activated by going into the "secret" engineers menu on the Digibox and connecting to a phone line.