sky +

S

scott20

hi, new here so hello, i was just wondering, with the use of a quad lnb obviously and with a sky+ box, do u have to register with sky or will the box record with a sky+ subscription, as in if i was to use a normal sky digital viewing card, would the box record or do u have to have a sky+ subsription for it to record, cheers

G

Grayarea

My Location
Newport, Co Mayo
scott20 said:
hi, new here so hello, i was just wondering, with the use of a quad lnb obviously and with a sky+ box, do u have to register with sky or will the box record with a sky+ subscription, as in if i was to use a normal sky digital viewing card, would the box record or do u have to have a sky+ subsription for it to record, cheers
You have to have a current subs before Sky will turn on the recording feature of a Sky+ box, and two premium channels if you want to avoid the Sky+ subs cost on top of that.

Grayarea.

B

briggsy

what does premium channels mean? channels like sky movies etc?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I think that the minimum qualifying package is £32 or so, but I thought that they had an offer on at the moment with no charge whichever package you have.