skybox f5s newbie

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Aftering hearing about these from posts in this section of the forums from a few members, i've ordered one to try out after my main receiver has decided to go faulty.

The receiver arrived today and opening the box, the pictures i've seen of the receiver are true, its rather small insize compared to my other boxes.

I haven't had time to fully setup the satellites etc and get to grips with the menu layout which is totally different to what i have been used to.

My dish is being moved by a tm-1500ci via a vbox so i havent bothered to see how well it moves a dish.

In the spec of the F5s mentions a sharp tuner, does this mean it will be good on weak signals, the sharp white line lnbs were years ago.

One thing that i can't get used to so far is satellite search, i've added 1west and 5east so far to the list but upon setting a nit search going to download the tps from 5e, the receiver seems to be scanning 1west tps for some reason.

Any idea where i'm going wrong ?

So far the receiver is rather good for the money and i didnt know it can even play media files from a usb drive