Skys New White Cards

ALLSAT67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+DUO - 1.1 triax motorised dark motor with twin invacom=== fixed 80 old black channel master on 19e with arm picking up 13e and 28.2 on a dm800(+smargo) in other room with 2 cards....:)
My Location
With the bosses Daughter
timo_w2s said:
The new satellites will have some new spot beams but Astra 2A/2B/Eurobird still have some life in them and even the new satellites have Europe wide beams as well as the spot beams.

Roflmao no chance of sky implimenting that even if they could so there is no chance this would affect anyone using a card outside the uk or roi unless you do an automated callback from the box or tell them you are outside britain or ireland.

Imagine how much business they would loose anyway from expats using cards outside the uk if they were to implement that

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
ALLSAT67 said:
Roflmao no chance of sky implimenting that even if they could so there is no chance this would affect anyone using a card outside the uk or roi unless you do an automated callback from the box or tell them you are outside britain or ireland.

Imagine how much business they would loose anyway from expats using cards outside the uk if they were to implement that

Did you quote the wrong post as I'm not sure what your comment has to do with my quote above?

swoosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
135 CM TECATEL + GREGORIAN + INVERTO BLACK LNB + VANTAGE 8000S
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
Hi all.
I am spending the summer in London, and I have purchuased a Sky White card. Now I have to activate this card. My question is this: Does it need to be paired? will them ask me for a STB serial number? If so... has the box to be a Sky box? (like the PACE I was given by a friend) or can it be paired to the Vantage 8000S i have in Valencia. (location where this card will live from october on). Will the activated Sky white card work on the Vantage8000S if its paired with a Sky Pace Box?
I need some advice!! I want to use the card in Valencia/spain inside my Vantage8000S. thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Depends.

Is it a FreesatfromSky Card or a Subs. Card?

If Subs. (I guess it is), is it Mixes only or do you have Sports and/or Films?

FSFS Cards require a Box ID for Activation only. Once activated, they can be used anywhere capable.

Subs. Cards are Paired, but in practice can be used elsewhere for anything but Sports and Films (But if the Card is a "Multiroom" Card, they'll eventually twig as it needs to call home every now and then)

And NEVER try to give BSkyB details of anything but a BSkyB box!!!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When you say purchased a card do you mean a Freesat-from-$ly card or an expired subscription card from somewhere?

If it's a genuine FFS card then, yes, it does have to be activated in a working $ly box of some kind. It's easiest if you can do this in the UK as you have to phone them up. They will ask for the details of the box and/or card (can't remember) and then activate it over the air. Once activated the card can then be used in ANY $ly box.

It's also best to use a box which doesn't have a card already paired to it as no box can have two cards paired up

EDIT Beaten to the post. Spent too much time trying to swat an annoying fly!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
PaulR said:
EDIT Beaten to the post. Spent too much time trying to swat an annoying fly!

Well, tough - you missed!

I'm still here, buzzing around ............................. :-nutkick

swoosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
thank you PaulR and Tivú.
Its an official Sky Card. We are SKY phone & broadband subscribers here in London, so we called them to get a legal White Card from them, and costed 25£. We are no subscribing to any TV service, so it must be, as we asked, a FreesatfromSky card.

But its seems an average card from Sky. It has only the sky word printed on the top side, and its litterally white.

So we have to activate it phoning Sky again. The card will be used in my free non Sky Vantage 8000S in Valencia, but if you are right we need to activate it giving the serial number of the SKY Pace someone gave me (because he moved to a SKY HD box) I am lucky I have one Sky box here hehe.
Am I right?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I presume that you already know that the Vantage 8000S will emulate the Videogaurd CAM and will work with an active card. If this is wrong I'm sure that someone will let you know.

To activate, put the card into a working $ly box and then phone the number that is sent with the card. They will ask some questions and then send the activation signal over the air. If it's been activated you will be able to watch 5* and 5 US. You might still need a $ly box in Spain to keep the card alive if the Vantage doesn't pass the "stay alive" signals on. Normally an overnight stay in a $ly box is enough to keep a card going for another 5 - 6 weeks.

swoosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
Well, now I am back in Valencia and I have my white card with me. I activated it in my Sky box in London and Pair them by phone with Sky. The Sky box remains in London.
The current version of my Vantage8000S firmware didnt recognise the card so I downloaded the last one from the manufacturer and installed itr via USB. Now it recognises the "VIDEOGUARD" card inserted. ( I have 2 CI and 2CA) It says I have 9 entitled channels, but it doesnt say which they are (I guess the 5*, 5 USA, ch5, CH5 HD, VIVA and some2 more HD's) wich are not freesat but i could see with my Skybox in London. I guess this 9 are the only difference with Freetoair freesat. (and we can name them "freesat from sky")
I can enter the IRD of the Sky+ Pace on my Vantage.
But still cannot see those 9 channels. The Vantage recognises them as Videoguard encrypted. The Vanatge recognises my White card on the slot, as a Videoguard one and even shows me its serial no and provider. But the Vantage still dont links that to the 9 entitlements. Can Anyone help me?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
According to Wikipedia there are twelve extra channels that the card gives you, Once you take out the +1 variants that comes down to eight, although when you add C5 itself that gives you the nine.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freesat_from_Sky

As I said in an earlier post, are you sure that your Vantage will work with a Videoguard card? Specifically will the CAM emulate a Videoguard CAM? It may be able to read the entitlements but that is not the same.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
swoosh said:
Well, now I am back in Valencia and I have my white card with me. I activated it in my Sky box in London and Pair them by phone with Sky. The Sky box remains in London.
The current version of my Vantage8000S firmware didnt recognise the card so I downloaded the last one from the manufacturer and installed itr via USB. Now it recognises the "VIDEOGUARD" card inserted. ( I have 2 CI and 2CA) It says I have 9 entitled channels, but it doesnt say which they are (I guess the 5*, 5 USA, ch5, CH5 HD, VIVA and some2 more HD's) wich are not freesat but i could see with my Skybox in London. I guess this 9 are the only difference with Freetoair freesat. (and we can name them "freesat from sky")
I can enter the IRD of the Sky+ Pace on my Vantage.
But still cannot see those 9 channels. The Vantage recognises them as Videoguard encrypted. The Vanatge recognises my White card on the slot, as a Videoguard one and even shows me its serial no and provider. But the Vantage still dont links that to the 9 entitlements. Can Anyone help me?

Does the vantage let you run softcams suchas oscam and cccam?

You might need to enter the boxkey from the skybox it is paired to (highly unlikely for FSFS) in your vantage, the boxkey can be worked out by using the pace skybox serial number and a scientific calculator or the boxkey generator that can be found online

What channels are you getting in your Vantage box, do you get channel 5, 5* or 5 usa or is it just channels 1 to 4?

swoosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
smoggy07 said:
Does the vantage let you run softcams suchas oscam and cccam?

You might need to enter the boxkey from the skybox it is paired to (highly unlikely for FSFS) in your vantage, the boxkey can be worked out by using the pace skybox serial number and a scientific calculator or the boxkey generator that can be found online

What channels are you getting in your Vantage box, do you get channel 5, 5* or 5 usa or is it just channels 1 to 4?

Hi. Thanks for your attention. I am receiving the same channels as before, the Free to air Freesat channels (those include BBC's ITV's, ch4's and ch5). All the free ones I can receive till 18-19-20:00h (this 135 Tecatel is crap, and the gregorian kit is so damaged that finding the main focus is just impossible)

I dont get 5* or 5 USA ch5HD or any of the other 6-7 channels included on the freesat form sky (like VIVA, or some else) They are perfectly marked as encrypted with Videoguard and are not shown.

Vantage ask for the IRD serial number and I entry the Pace Sky+ one serial NO. But i dont know how if the IRD is exactrly the Pace Sereial NO or some other number.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
swoosh said:
Hi. Thanks for your attention. I am receiving the same channels as before, the Free to air Freesat channels (those include BBC's ITV's, ch4's and ch5). All the free ones I can receive till 18-19-20:00h (this 135 Tecatel is crap, and the gregorian kit is so damaged that finding the main focus is just impossible)

I dont get 5* or 5 USA ch5HD or any of the other 6-7 channels included on the freesat form sky (like VIVA, or some else) They are perfectly marked as encrypted with Videoguard and are not shown.

Vantage ask for the IRD serial number and I entry the Pace Sky+ one serial NO. But i dont know how if the IRD is exactrly the Pace Sereial NO or some other number.

Use this, enter the pace serial into the correct box, hit generate and it will give you the correct box key to enter

_http://boxkey.exyucs.com/generator.php?lan=en

I know it is universally accepted that FSFS cards are paired but can be used in other boxes when activated but it`s worth trying the box key just incase

If the boxkey thing doesnt work, go down to your local british pub and ask them if you can pop your card into their sky box to check what channels open on it, then try VIVA, Five usa and so on just to see if they clear, if they do then we know to work on the box, if they dont we know we have a card issue

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Dont believe the card slot in the Vantage is fully compatable with new white cards but the white cards work in the diablo cams ok although not premium channels you should be able to pick up a cam cheaply in Italy as they are made there.

swoosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
VALENCIA SPAIN
smoggy07 said:
Use this, enter the pace serial into the correct box, hit generate and it will give you the correct box key to enter

_http://boxkey.exyucs.com/generator.php?lan=en

I know it is universally accepted that FSFS cards are paired but can be used in other boxes when activated but it`s worth trying the box key just incase

If the boxkey thing doesnt work, go down to your local british pub and ask them if you can pop your card into their sky box to check what channels open on it, then try VIVA, Five usa and so on just to see if they clear, if they do then we know to work on the box, if they dont we know we have a card issue

Hi smoggy. Well, getting the 10 digit serial no is not difficult form the setup of the Pace, I have the number with me the only thing is that begins with 0 and the Vantage takes that 0 out and leaves teh rest 9 digit. My Pace shows 0184xxxxxx and I put that in the field IRD Serial of the Vantage 0-1-8-4-x-x-x-x-x-x and after that the vantage proudly shows all the white card info: provider (Sky) card number, IRD number 184xxxxxx.

I tryied what you said with the generator but the sticker on the box has only 16 digit.
Maybe I should buy a cam for videoguard... dunno but the one inside the Vantage SHOULD work. as far as it IS recognised

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
pajo100 said:
Dont believe the card slot in the Vantage is fully compatable with new white cards
FSFS cards work fine in the Vantage but you need to make sure you are running the latest softcam firmware.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
swoosh said:
I tryied what you said with the generator but the sticker on the box has only 16 digit.
Maybe I should buy a cam for videoguard... dunno but the one inside the Vantage SHOULD work. as far as it IS recognised

There are 2 boxes on that box key site, one for the long serial found on the cardboard box or on the sticker on the pace and also one for the serial from the settings menu on the pace

TBH the guys in the know have posted on here saying that it should work and they know more on the subject than me

Can you download and install cccam and oscam on the vantage and enter the serial number or boxkey into the settings on the softcam and see if any of the channels open

Can you view Pick TV by anychance?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
smoggy07 said:
Can you download and install cccam and oscam on the vantage
Not that I know of.

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Well what is the latest soft and we can check if you are so sure.