skystar 2 "Out of Lock" and doesn't work

drewski

My Satellite Setup
dm500s 80cm dish h&h moter laptop
My Location
norfolk uk
Hello again,
right, i just did all this for you to check if it works, it does,,,,
on dvbview right lick, channellist, delete all channels,scan tab,drop down menu, set your sat, symbolrate box,make sure you got the right ones for your sat,check on lyngsat for right symbolrates,click scan&update box,press scan, three red boxs should turn yellow when it finds something, one box will say how many progs it found, after last frequecy as scanned, press stop,goto EDIT TAB ,press update, goto channellist your scanned progs should be there, if not , restart program,channellist,click a station that does not have a coloured box on it, it should work ok now, i don't use dvbview, i use progdvb,it's loads better, you can dowload it from dvbupload,and lots of things like channel lists,and more.
hope this helps.

Dzi

My Satellite Setup
Sky Stars 2
My Location
Serbia
Hi drewski!

Thank you so much for reply. But still I haven't solved the problem.
I have that red icon of satellite dish in tray. I hope the drivers are ok, I'm not sure could they be wrong for example for TV card instead for Sky star. In Devices it is "Technistar DVB PC TV Star PCI" - so I think is the wrong driver, isn't it ?

Other thing when I go to right click to red icon I have for example few Astra satellites, but I suppose they are all from Internet, but I want to set to watch from satellite dish. There are written for instance just for Astra:

T::DSL via SatelliteSat::Astra 19.2 E
Sat@Once::Astra 19.2 E
AliceSat::Astra 19.2 E
aTHP::Astra 19.2 E

So, what should I check ?

I installed ProgDVB, and when I go to setup, DiSEqC is on None, but when I want to add LNB I cannot do that.

One other thing: In Setup4PC I choose Astra 19.2 E, in Transponder Managment on the left side I have lots of frequencies (I already scan) and on the right side:

Start Frequency: 10.773
End Frequency: 12.728
Step Size: 5
Symbol Rate1: 22000
Symbol Rate2,3: Empty

Thanks for assistance ! I hope I will put it on track soon! :)

drewski

My Satellite Setup
dm500s 80cm dish h&h moter laptop
My Location
norfolk uk
sounds like you got the wrong driver,,try this one,,,

http://rapidshare.com/files/128305952/SkyStar2.dvb.pc.4.4.3.zip

i think it should be ok, i will try it out,re progdvb ,try with the new driver, c what it says then :)