djc

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Thor 3 (0.8W) - 12246.00 H - DVB/MPEG2 - 28000 7/8 - NID: 4369 - TID: 1

Trying to get the above on my SS2. My 80cm dish is a 1W, but doing a scan on the following returns no results.

With me being a novice and all that, I could be missing something, so any help would be great.

BTW, reason I am trying to get the above is that they're showing a few channels FTA at present, according to King of Sat.

Cheers

H

Hairybathplug

Have you got a big one ??? dish that is. I think a 1.2m with a good lnb is needed.
Cheers HBP

D

djc

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
err so a 80cm is too small ? I am in mid to north England.

Can't even get a little bit of a signal, surely I should get something ? Think I might be doing something wrong.

H

Hairybathplug

I got 80cm and I can't even get a sniff in sunny s/wales, the beam just ain't pointing our way.
HBP

Lancelot

Lancelot

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
97cm & 0.6db and I'm getting 35% sig & 45% qual where I am on an SS1, sadly not enough to resolve a picture. :(

You should try this sat between 6 and 9 am as you will have a better chance then.

L

D

djc

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Do you think a 1.1m with 0.3 LNB would do it ?

This Satellite business is doing my head in, first I'm looking at receivers, now I am looking at scrapping my 80cm for a 1.1m (motorised). Don't want to go any larger than 1.1m as this thing as to be mounted on my wall.

Do you think it would be worth doing, I mean not just for the current FTA I wanted to view, but will it open up more channels for the future ?

Cheers

H

Hairybathplug

The main targets are 19º 13º 1º and 30º all of which you should get with 80cms, there is sometimes free footy on 5º 16º and 42º again I get them with my setup 80cms and 0.6mti blueline. She who must be obeyed said I ain't allowed a 1.2 on my wall, but it could be usefull. I guess it's down to how freindly you are with your neighbours, will they complain?
HBP

Lancelot

Lancelot

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
A good installation with a 110cm (Triax seems to be the favourite in this class although is only 105cm) would probably do it, although without a 120 - 150cm antenna you will be prone to 'rain fade'.

If you seriously want the weaker transponders at this location then you must consider a 150cm ground mounted antenna to provide good all weather reception. :)

L

D

djc

My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Forget it, I'll stick with my 80cm. Doesn't sound like its worth the hassle.

Thanks anyway.

Lancelot

Lancelot

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Y'r welcome mate. S'wy wer here. Now you know something about that thing, you can help someone else if you see the same prob again . :)

L