Skystar2

JeffGreenbank

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North Wales (UK)
I have got a skystar2 from silvermead for internet broadband. This card is also supposidly able to recieve TV channels. The settings are given for the data tramsmission and the signal strength is at 50 - 60% but when I try to watch TV with ProgDVB the card keeps on saying signal out of lock on all transponders and will not let me alter the settings.

Is my card faulty or have Silvermead locked the card. I have tried to contact their tech support with no success.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't think that Silvermead lock the cards, as far as I know it was only Europe online who did that. If you are running XP or 2000, try MyTheatre instead, you may have better luck.

Is this from the same quad LNb on your minidish Jeff?

JeffGreenbank

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North Wales (UK)
rolfw said:
I don't think that Silvermead lock the cards, as far as I know it was only Europe online who did that. If you are running XP or 2000, try MyTheatre instead, you may have better luck.

Is this from the same quad LNb on your minidish Jeff?

Yes the system is hooked up to a quad LNB that was supplied with the card. I have connected two cables , one to the Skystar and one to the sky digibox. The digibox is still working correctly as I tought I may have to adjust my dish but that was not the case. I have tried to get My Theatre form one of your previous links but that keeps bringing up 'Page Unavailable' and I am unable to follow the page link due to a problem with language i.e I don't speak it. Have you got an up to date link that might work. I am running XP on my computer but as a complete novice to satellite on my PC I don't exactly know whether I am putting the right settings in?

Jeff

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
In the MyTheatre thread, there is a link for version 2.76, it is several posts down, this one is definitely working.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
When you have added the satellite 0282 in the DiseqC settings menu, look at properties and make sure that it lists:

KU Band
LOF 1 9750
Switch 11700
LOF 2 10600

Power ON

Then you should find your channels.

JeffGreenbank

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North Wales (UK)
rolfw said:
When you have added the satellite 0282 in the DiseqC settings menu, look at properties and make sure that it lists:

KU Band
LOF 1 9750
Switch 11700
LOF 2 10600

Power ON

Then you should find your channels.

Thanks for the link rolf. I have got the copy of My Theatre but still have a problem with the card. Any variation from the Silvermead frequency looses the signal and I have to re tune the card for the Icon to turn green again. Do you think it could be the LNB or the dish not aligned correctly. Wouldnt that affect the Sky reception that I am already getting? I think I might have to call out the installer and pay the £50 to get it up and running correctly (Shame).
Jeff

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
When you run MyTheatre and right click on the screen, go into DiseqC/LNB settings, select Astra2/28.2 E and tick Ku-L and Apply. Then go to the righthand window and press Select All, then Scan, see what happens.

Did you install the full drivers by the way.

JeffGreenbank

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North Wales (UK)
rolfw said:
When you run MyTheatre and right click on the screen, go into DiseqC/LNB settings, select Astra2/28.2 E and tick Ku-L and Apply. Then go to the righthand window and press Select All, then Scan, see what happens.

Did you install the full drivers by the way.

Rolf
I recon I installed all the drivers available (Checked all the options on the install dialog boxes). Followed all the instructions selected astra selected all transponders got nowhere red Icon no signal? no programs! had to task manage myself out of my theatre as the dialog box wouldnt close! still think its something simple that i'm not doing, do you think my dish may be unaligned somehow??? God this is frustrating.
Jeff

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Can't be misaligned if you are getting the silvermead service.

I seem to remember that there was a data only installation choice with the SS2 software, if you go into MyTheatre and right click again, General Settings/Hardware, is it ticked for SS2?

JeffGreenbank

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North Wales (UK)
rolfw said:
Can't be misaligned if you are getting the silvermead service.

I seem to remember that there was a data only installation choice with the SS2 software, if you go into MyTheatre and right click again, General Settings/Hardware, is it ticked for SS2?

Yes. My Theatre is checked for SS2 and still no joy. Could Silvermead fix the card only to recieve a data stream for internet although their selling point was data plus FTA television.
Jeff

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The cards can be locked, but as I said earlier, I don't believe that silvermead do so. Try E-mailing silvermead to ask, or perhaps they have a user forum, most of them do.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
When you installed the drivers Jeff, was it from the silvermead disk, or was it the Technisat disk?

At the beginning of the installation wizard fro the Technisat drivers, I'm suire that there were two options, one for TV and one for data only, may be worth trying a re-installation and seeing.