SLX4B and SLX link problem

bscull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY going to 3 rooms
My Location
Ireland
Hi I hope you can help!

I have placed a SLX 4b amplifier in my roof space to distribute sky to two other rooms. This works fine, but when I connect a SLx Link Satellite TV Remote Control Extender at the TV end I do not get the 9V to power this device.
If I bypass the amplifier the SLX Link Remote Control Extender works.

Has anyone got any Ideas

thanks for your help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have to make sure that the input to the amp is into the UHF socket, but otherwise it should work. By bypassing the amp, do you mean simply connecting the input and output cables together and still using the eye from the wall socket?

bscull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY going to 3 rooms
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for the fast reply

The input to the amp is into the UHF socket,

Yes I have connected the input and output cables together and used the eye from the wall socket and it worked

Also I put the input to the UHF scoket and put a 1m coaxial cabel to the output and then connected the SLX Link. I get a very dim red light on the Link.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, that last bit confused me.

Have you tried a short fly lead from amp to input of TV link?

bscull

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY going to 3 rooms
My Location
Ireland
I’ll try again :)

If I by-pass the amp by joining both coaxial cables together (cable from sky box and cable going to the spare room) and place the TV link at the end of the cable (spare room) The TV Link works 100%

Also

I placed the cable from the sky box into the UHF input socket; I then put a 1 meter coaxial fly lead into one of the output sockets (TV1). At the end of the fly lead I placed the TV link. When I do this I get a very dim red light on the TV Link LED. It looks like the Amp is not passing the Full 9V supply to the TV Link