Sly has taken down my dish, becasue it looked old!

Leawzkd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MVISON FCIS 9085 Usb Combo Conax and 55cm dish
My Location
UK Manchester
Hi Guys,

In My household we have two satellite dishes, a sly dish for my mum and a nice little one for my self for the odd 19E & 13E channels.

Couple of days ago I unplug all the wires on my dish because i was getting a brand new Lnb.......However.

My mum was having problems with the sly dish, becasue of tree or something. So she rang for a enginner to come and fix it.

And to my surprise he took down my dish and put mums sly dish on my fixings! I rang up sly and said why did you take my dish down and they said becasue It looks like an old sly Analouge Dish and they were no cables to it, so it didnt look attched!!!)(-red

I couldnt beleive what they have done, so there comming around tomorrow so we come to some sort of agreement.

My question is, if you were in my situation what would you do? I was thinking of them replace the minidish with mine and adding a couple of lnbs to get my satellites aswell, but i dont think my dish is bigger enough....

any suggestions?

Michael

A nonymous

Reaction score
Tell them you want a new dish and not one of their poxy zone1 or 2 dishes. A nice fracarro Penta should suffice :D

If they disagree you inform the police of the theft that has occurred,and let them know your also going to the local papers.

Sky don't like bad press :eek:

They will probably offer you something along the lines of a free full sub for 3 months or so just to shut you up 'O'-red

I myself would go for a new dish, although just tell them to leave it at the door as there is no way i would let one of the monkeys from Sky touch anything of mine. I like the job done properly which is why i do it myself :-worship

:-beer

Nano

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes I very much doubt the engineer would be able to find 19e or 13e anyway.
Look at this as a sign that you needed an upgrade :D
Consider an 80cm with offset bracket arrangement for 28e/19e/13e or stick a DiSEqC motor on the new dish

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that the best you'll get from the guys on the spot will be moving the existing Sky dish and them replacing your dish onto the bracket, as said above, whether they can align it on a satellite other than 28.2E is another question.:)

Leawzkd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK Manchester
Thanks Guys for the advice, We will find out when they come around at 11, I think I might take satelliteman advice and just think of this sign of fresh start and spend on a bigger dish, maybe even motorised.

But if sky dont sort out comp, legal advice might be the way to go!

Wish me luck

Update 11ish..

Thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If they have taken the dish away, and you're at home when they come round, I suggest you check it for any sign of damage before letting them put it back.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
The thieving bar stewards!!! If it were my dish they nicked I'd be on their backs like a bad case of sunburn!!! Just because it looks old doesn't mean you throw it away!!! )(-red

I hope they either replace your stolen dish with a new non-minidish dish, or refund you the money from the sub so you can buy a replacement at their expense... :-Nooo

If sky ever did that with any of my dishes, I'd be extremely cross, especially if it were my BSB dish!!! :mad:

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
If the dish was a sky dish to start with is it not bskyb property ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Markjose said:

No. Not any longer.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Markjose said:

once the sly equipment is installed it becomes yours, only the viewing card that would belong to them.

Leawzkd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK Manchester
Just to give you guys a quick update, Yesterday they never came, and they never rang me to say if they were comming or not!

Soooo Sly arrange it for them to come again today!....Lets hope So!

UPDATE Later!

Bye

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Typical. Is that their own sky installers or a subcontractor ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The left hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, never mind the right :-doh!

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i doubt you will get your dish back now as the installer will most likely have thrown it at the local tip.

one forum is annoying as people call them engineers which makes me laugh, but that is full of sly fanboys

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
wod said:
i doubt you will get your dish back now as the installer will most likely have thrown it at the local tip.

I don't think they took the dish away, only took it down wod.

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
what anoys me is when friends ( love jobs) get offers of sky over the phone and engineer comes out and forgets to change rf setting not thinking distribution around the houses ..does me head in ... then i have to correct the problem and get nowt for me troubles ... how many times can it happen ..to me .. like they do the same job everyday , how can it be ..fools