Sly UK digibox menu prob?

Messages
35
Likes
0
#1
Am using an ordinary pace digibox. I stored 'fringe' channels in FAVs some time ago. Half of them are not there now! Anyone know how to delete Favs and start again. I am struggling as it seems that if they are not now on EPG they are stuck in my list!
 

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Messages
4,305
Likes
5
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
#2
Not that it's any consolation but S*y receivers just don't like you adding channels!

If you get it reset and decide to add them again bet the same thing happens.

Are the channels Free-to-air? if so, best get hold of a cheap FTA receiver and loop it through the LNB out.
 
Messages
35
Likes
0
#3
I've got a load of channels in add channels such as radio caroline and all the ITV stuff for odd bits of regional stuff so don't want to do any resetting! It is just the FAVs are full with channels that were probably from when I paid a £5 per month for a batch or non adv radio channels....which at the time were separate epg numbers but are now batched up under Ch498 and 499.
 

simonskyman

I do dishes,me.
Messages
81
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
big dish,sat box thingy,colour tv.and a remote control.
My Location
Limassol,Cyprus
#4
CaptainGlassback said:
I've got a load of channels in add channels such as radio caroline and all the ITV stuff for odd bits of regional stuff so don't want to do any resetting! It is just the FAVs are full with channels that were probably from when I paid a £5 per month for a batch or non adv radio channels....which at the time were separate epg numbers but are now batched up under Ch498 and 499.
If you go through services you will find a choice-favourite channels-select that and you will see a list of all the channels,and the ones with the ticks are the current stored favourites.go to the "favourite" that you dont want and press yellow button(i think) and the tick will disappear and take off that channel ,then you can "tick" one that you do like and put that in your favs.I think you can only store 20 favs.
 
Messages
35
Likes
0
#5
Thanks Simonskyman. Unfortunately that option brings up the ticks against the current EPG contents. The ones that i need to delete don't figure in the current EPG list. I created them many years ago and have only recently gone back to using the digibox.
 

simonskyman

I do dishes,me.
Messages
81
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
big dish,sat box thingy,colour tv.and a remote control.
My Location
Limassol,Cyprus
#6
CaptainGlassback said:
Thanks Simonskyman. Unfortunately that option brings up the ticks against the current EPG contents. The ones that i need to delete don't figure in the current EPG list. I created them many years ago and have only recently gone back to using the digibox.
Strange.Did you go through the list and find ticked channels anyway?If there are ticked channels then erase all of them anyway.Maybe the new channel names are replacements of your old choices.
 
Messages
50
Likes
0
Location
North Wales
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
#7
CaptainGlassback said:
Am using an ordinary pace digibox. I stored 'fringe' channels in FAVs some time ago. Half of them are not there now! Anyone know how to delete Favs and start again. I am struggling as it seems that if they are not now on EPG they are stuck in my list!
sounds abit like my problem I want Granada, done the add chs bit but it will not go into No 5 Favourite Chs list its stuck in the No 6 Other Chs menu. So if I want Granada I have to muck about going into this list first.
 
Top