sm@rtcam for idiots / Problems with Hydra

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
spock_uk said:
A question
How can I save all the Satellite settings and channels so I can just reload them on after it crashes and I have to reflash.
It not auto find the Satellites and I have to manually set them.
I have a hardisk 120 MB fitted. Can I save the setting to that as a backup? or by FTP?

spock_uk
Why do it the easy way when there is a more hard way?
Its does not compute ...

Hi Spock

It's logical mate: go to my idiot guide
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=123374&postcount=4
and read all about the Dreamboxedit prog. This is what I use, and it is a great little thing. I have attached my settings, you could try it out and load it onto your dreambox next time you have put in a new image. You can also load up my settings, then compare it to what you got on your box (Go to Tools, Compare loaded services ....). It will then give you options how to sort it all out so you got the whole lot. As long as you keep a backup once in a while you'll be ok :D

Now I am not sure how it works with a 7000 and hard drive, as I only got a 5620 connected to a computer, there it takes something like 15 seconds.

Maybe some of the others can give you a hand with that?

TG

spock_uk

Reaction score
My Location
NE England
Hi T_G
Thanks for that, I have read your very good "getting started" guide, but what I need is to be able to restore the Satellite positions if possible. I have to set the positions every time I flash a new image and then restore the channels. Is there any way I can backup and restore these settings?
I cannot get the DreamFlashLan utility to work either, is there another way to flash a new image apart from the null modem?
I am getting quite the expert at reflashing images, I have tried all the major images and I like the ruCannon images the best the emu setup is very easy to set up and very usable.
I have tried the double enigma image but there is not enough room in memory for the two images. Am I doing something wrong with this do you know?
Hydra is good but I find the EMU system in ruCannon excellent. That may change as I try other images. When I get my head round installing DreamFash
(I haven't tried it yet as ruCannon is using rel 1.07 and the rest of the new image files are on rel 1.08 and you can't mix them on the same DreamFlash release)
But when ruCannon gets updated to 1.08 I'll give it a go and maybe write an idiots guide in setting it up for anyone else who wants to take the plunge.

Another question. How do you get the card slots to work?. I have a CAM module fitted but could I use the card slots instead? Its a Magic CAM and I also have a Irdeto CAM. If I can get the card slots to work I can sell them with the Humax box I have now decided to get rid of now I've come to terms with the dreambox

Spock_uk

beaming out from Earth