Smart Mouse Programmer

R

Ricey

Hi All,

I came across an old Smartmouse Programmer the other day and was wondering if it could be used to program a Goldcard. There are no instructions with it but it is marked as Cryptik S-Mouse Serial Programmer. I noticed with some of the older Kevlar downloads that a loader file was provided. Would one of these loader files work with one of the lastest versions i.e. V1.61 and if so could someone tell me what software I would need to download to achieve this.

Many thanks.

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Take a look at http://www.jali.nl/satelliet/satinfo/ENGversie/index.htm

in the programmers/ smouse section

Is this your programmer?

If so it supports both the 3.58 MHz Phoenix mode and the 6 MHz Smartmouse mode. Thats ok for the eprom on the gold card but you need a pic promgrammer like the JDM(with a card slot). You need a pic programmer to do the following:

1. Using the JDM, - program the pic with the loader file
2. using the smouse, - program the eprom with a eprom hex, using a sofware like winPhoenix.
3. using the JDM. - program the pic with the pic hex.

Multi programmers like the elvis/ vxmulti are able to do both eprom and pic programming. (and funcard)

nobbly :+

R

Ricey

Thanks for the response.

Yes the Phoenix/SMouse combi programmer in the picture is identical to the one I have here.

In your message you also talk about using a JDM programmer so I assume this programmer cannot work with software alone to program both the 16F84 and 24C16 on a wafer card?

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
The Phoenix/SMouse programmer can only program the eprom on the gold wafer. It can also used to edit some information on original smart cards.
If you want to program gold cards you will need another programmer that can program pic chips ie. JDM. with a card slot
The JDM is a simple programmer that you can build yourself or buy for about £25

nobbly :+