So I build the system from scratch

Dustbinlid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi

OK , building the most appropriate system for the tracking of sports, horse racing feeds etc from the ground up Id like advice on the best type of components.

Firstly the dish.

I live in an area that is particular towards having massive dishes up but I have just about convinced the people I need to to let me.
For this reason Id like to know what the smallest size is Id need, I understand that 1.2m is the minimum, so what would a 1.2m dish NOT get if anything?
Also I have seen acrylic like dishes that are transparent but have only seen them upto 85cm. Do they do larger ones and what are the draw backs?
Ta.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You will require Planning Permission for any Dish in excess of 1m.

That said, many people use slightly larger Dishes with impunity, but clearly the Planners, like most Enforcers, will exercise discretion unless someone is really taking the mickey (or when there have been complaints).

Dustbinlid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD
My Location
Yorkshire
Yes thanks I was aware of that, but without giving too much away its on a roof thats unattainable other than to a few people and cant be seen from the ground at all, the only people I need to convince are the owners.