Softcam downloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
kalamar said:
Fookfiles is dead.....ted

Fook knows what is going on there...I get mails pointing to threads which are then not existing...

abbeycat59

Reaction score
[
AM I right in saying the key only renews the trial and doesnt give full version?
]

abbeycat59

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what happens when soft cam key is downloaded
does the softcam program change to full version, or does it just prolong the trial?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Whoa!

Let's straighten this misunderstanding out.

DVBViewer is not up to the job of viewing encrypted channels, so don't bother with it. Download progdvb or mytheatre. There are FREE versions of both (I know the last free, and most stable version of mytheatre is 2.76) so don't worry about trial or full software vresions.

Both these applications support 'MDPlugins'. That means that you can get a utility called 'Yankse' and install it into the MDPlugins directory which exists within both of the above applications. You can get that here :- h##p://yankse.dvbnetwork.com/.

The above program does the de-crypting for you, but it needs the keys to unlock the satellite stream. You will need a 'softcam.key' file, which is the file containing the information to unlock the encrypted channels. The softcam download utility mentioned at the top of this thread is used to get this file, and stick it in the MDPlugins directory for you. You have to specify the MDPlugins directory in the utility. Press the button to get the key file, and away you go.

Hope this is clear.

nash3

Reaction score
O, I need help :

I downloaded the softcam download. I am confused on how to place the softcam keys into prgdvb. what is a softca file? Also are we talking a bot a few numbers when you refer to softcam keys EG S2 STREAM : key=** **************** 25/05/2004.

If so I understand that. So where would I put these keys so I can use them.

Sorry, this is my first time doing this.

nash

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are using something like MyTheatre, just point the utility at your MDPlugins directory.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
nash3 said:
O,
Sorry, this is my first time doing this.

I remember my first time ;) as well. I was Rolf....I will never forget... :D

nash3

Reaction score
Where do I get the Yankse utilty from the above link is down

nash

nash3

Reaction score
I think I have the files where they need to go, but I still cannot recieve bev or charlie channels. What could be wrong ?

nash

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Don't know if this is going to help, but this is a screenshot of my working MyTheater.

I would think that you should have all these files.
Of course there are always updates to the softcam files, and sometimes the hash tables for the seca might be changed, but lets get you going with the normal stuff first.

nash3

Reaction score
Ok:

After gettings hints from everyone here, I got it working. Thanks. If anyone needs help, now that I know somewhat I am doing, I would be glad to assist. I only need a good softcam keys. I have two, but both are freezing a little. Oh well the hardest part is over.

nash

quikbeam

Reaction score
Nash, I would like to know more if you could email me I would appreciate it?

email removed - admin

I Basically have everything in the directory and the plugin is accessable but nothing is de-crypted. Using progdvb 4.23 newest yankse files
Thanks,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.