softcam question?

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
hi, guys:-beer
slowly (very slowly) getting my head round,but i have a question.

do i need more than one softcam.key (for different channels using same encryption)
for instance i,m watching some encrypted channels no problem but on some others my s2-emu will state things like no ident in soft cam, or invalid key.
but i'm frightened to start messing around in case i b*ll*cks everything up
any sugs:-beer

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, no... one key file for each softcam - i.e. if you just use s2emu, then you just need one version of softcam.key.

If you use Krasnal for example, then you need a different named file (keys.bin), and not softcam.key.

Generally speaking, each line in the file supplies one key, so make sure you have the latest file if it appears that some channels don't work.

Many files still contain keys for channels that are no longer available (even if we have the correct 'new' keys) due to other code changes (D+ for example).

You can edit it (and it's a good introduction into how it all works) but just download the latest one if you can't be arsed!

Make a file backup before you start.

STICK

:)

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
bronking said:
hi, guys:-beer
slowly (very slowly) getting my head round,but i have a question.

do i need more than one softcam.key (for different channels using same encryption)
for instance i,m watching some encrypted channels no problem but on some others my s2-emu will state things like no ident in soft cam, or invalid key.
but i'm frightened to start messing around in case i b*ll*cks everything up
any sugs:-beer

I have strong 3620. I always have 4 to 6 HEX codes for each TPS channel on my reciever. while scrambling one I change the HEX code to the next one so, I can see the rest of the movie I've been seeing.

The reason or trick is using the channel information on the main menu for them. It updates the HEX codes and I have more than one HEX for each channel. I've to mention that it is true for viaccess channels.

RB.
:cool: