Software Detection

kdt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
How can i tell which software is used on a gold card. I have programmed gold cards using Elvis and Kevlar. I friend gave me a card which I think is a RU card, and which is currently not working. Before I try updating the codes can I transfer off the software and keep it to use on other cards?

Also, using Elvis, what kind of inforamtion can be read from the card,
ppv info, dates etc etc.

Tim
Thnxs in advance.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
yes, you can read the contents off the PIC, and store that in one file. Then program a through-PIC loader onto the PIC (overwriting what you had just made a copy of). The loadere gives access to the eeprom, so with that there you can now also read back the eeprom contents and save in a second file.
The two saved files can then be loaded back on to that or any other goldwafer if you so desire.

2old

kdt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
The question now is, how do I know if the softare I have copied off
is the Kevlar auto updating or other software which requires the monthly codes to be input.

Also, does autodetect remove or delete anything on the card or does it merely read off the information without writing to the card?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Nov-01 AT 10:09 AM (GMT)]download a version of Kevlar from (eg) Phill's sat files and compare the PIC file with that you have read off your card.

Re. autodetect - presumably you are referring to some trick or other which your programming software uses to figure out what the chipset on your card is? I imagine there are different techniques used and you'd need to know how the function had been implemented in your particular utility.

2old