Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
Hello all,

I want to update my Goldmaster 8200.
Let me know where i can find the firmware and instruction how to do it.

Please help me.

Cheers!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
well if this post is to be believed then your goldmaster may be a Kaon. It would appear doing a quick search that other members have found a lot of problems if you flash using the wrong file. I would expect it to wreck the receiver in truth. Have you checked on the patches section here

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
walkonwater said:
Hello all,

I want to update my Goldmaster 8200.
Let me know where i can find the firmware and instruction how to do it.

Please help me.

Cheers!

Goldmasters tend to come from Turkey and there's tons of info on Turkish web sites. Some Goldmasters have Kaon boards inside, others don't. I'll have a quick look for you and see what I can find, but first, please can you go into your menu, and under "System Information", or somesuch, see if you can see anything that describes what software and hardware versions you have and post here. Also, is your receiver equipped with card slots (normally referred to as a CI version) or not (FTA=Free to Air version)? Both can usually be upgraded with emulator software to open some encrypted channels.

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@Artist 2004

Thanks for your reply.

Please see below:

SW Version: AN-FY07.4 08-19-2003
Data Version: 1.5 08-01-2003
HW Version FS01-AZ
Loader Version 2.0

Goldmaster SAT-8200 FTA. It is not equipped with Card slots.

I would like to update the firmware and if it is possible to program with emulator software, i would like to open Dream TV package from Agila2 146E. Dream TV is using Nagravision encryption.

Please help me how to do it.

CHeers!!!

Artist 2004 said:
Goldmasters tend to come from Turkey and there's tons of info on Turkish web sites. Some Goldmasters have Kaon boards inside, others don't. I'll have a quick look for you and see what I can find, but first, please can you go into your menu, and under "System Information", or somesuch, see if you can see anything that describes what software and hardware versions you have and post here. Also, is your receiver equipped with card slots (normally referred to as a CI version) or not (FTA=Free to Air version)? Both can usually be upgraded with emulator software to open some encrypted channels.

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@toppervte33h

Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for the info.

toppervte33h said:
well if this post is to be believed then your goldmaster may be a Kaon. It would appear doing a quick search that other members have found a lot of problems if you flash using the wrong file. I would expect it to wreck the receiver in truth. Have you checked on the patches section here

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
I've checked a number of Turkish web sites, found your emulator software in a number of places. I downloaded one of the zip files to see what it contained, and fortunately it contains a loader program to enable you to transfer the emu from the PC to your receiver. It also contains a text file with full instructions..... in Turkish :-doh! So you'll have to hang on a bit longer while I translate it.

Opening scrambled programs involves emu software and keys. An emu program will include the latest keys, at the time it was prepared. But as this may be a few weeks ago (your emu was updated 1 month ago) some of the keys may have changed. You can download key files separately, these tend to be updated almost daily, and then enter them one by one into your receiver using the remote controller. Some encryption schemes however involve not only a key change but also a change in the software, so for those you have to wait until the emu is updated.

What you can or cannot unscramble changes from time to time....

Progam here:
http://www.ozmena.com/showthread.php?t=9235
Scroll down and you'll find it: GM-8200-10200-8210-10210- MS-700 FTA .

Disclaimer! :-) I have no experience of this particular software or the 8200. Also, emu software is not official software, it's prepared by hackers. So if you decide to load it it is at your own risk.

Having said that, I use receiver software from this site regularly with no problem.

If you want to have a go, please post again and then I'll have a bash at translating the instructions for you. You need a RS232 serial null modem cable.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks for your input on all this Artist 2004 I'm sure it is appreciated ;)

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
toppervte33h said:
Thanks for your input on all this Artist 2004 I'm sure it is appreciated ;)

Miracles may happen! :D

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@Artist 2004,

Thanks for your reply.

I have downloaded the file and it contains 4 files.
You are correct, the instructions is Turkish.

Yes, i want to go ahead to update the firmware with EMU.

I have null modem cable.

I will update the software and let you know the result.

Really appreciated your help.

Cheers!!!

Artist 2004 said:
I've checked a number of Turkish web sites, found your emulator software in a number of places. I downloaded one of the zip files to see what it contained, and fortunately it contains a loader program to enable you to transfer the emu from the PC to your receiver. It also contains a text file with full instructions..... in Turkish :-doh! So you'll have to hang on a bit longer while I translate it.

Opening scrambled programs involves emu software and keys. An emu program will include the latest keys, at the time it was prepared. But as this may be a few weeks ago (your emu was updated 1 month ago) some of the keys may have changed. You can download key files separately, these tend to be updated almost daily, and then enter them one by one into your receiver using the remote controller. Some encryption schemes however involve not only a key change but also a change in the software, so for those you have to wait until the emu is updated.

Progam here:

Disclaimer! :-) I have no experience of this particular software or the 8200. Also, emu software is not official software, it's prepared by hackers. So if you decide to load it it is at your own risk.

Having said that, I use receiver software from this site regularly with no problem.

If you want to have a go, please post again and then I'll have a bash at translating the instructions for you. You need a RS232 serial null modem cable.

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@Artist 2004,

Good news!!!

I successfully updated the software:
The receiver information details below:

SW Version 03-0042.2 09-03-2005
Data Version 1.6 09-02-2005
HW Version 1.1.2-AZ
Loader Version 2.0

Big differences of user interface.

I have searched and tuned Agila2 146 East Satellite and found 56 channels.

I can view FTA channels but not the Dream TV package using nagravision encryption system.

I am looking for the code menu but i can not find it.

Is there any especial code to get in to menu code?

Please advise.

Cheers!!!

Artist 2004 said:

Progam here:

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
On the remote hit menu 9317

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@Slugworth,

Thanks for the info.
Now i can see the menu code.

Cheers!!!

slugworth said:
On the remote hit menu 9317

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
You can also change the keys with sceditor5.3, softcam key tab, after you
download the userdata from the receiver to pc.

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@Slugworth & Artist 2004,

I have downloaded the Sceditor5.3 and updated the softcam key with latest keys.

But unfortunately still i can not open Dream TV package on Agila2 146 East using nagravision encryption system.

Is there any EMU software to open the encrypted channels?

Please help me.

Cheers!!!

slugworth said:
You can also change the keys with sceditor5.3, softcam key tab, after you
download the userdata from the receiver to pc.

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
walkonwater said:
@Slugworth & Artist 2004,

I have downloaded the Sceditor5.3 and updated the softcam key with latest keys.

But unfortunately still i can not open Dream TV package on Agila2 146 East using nagravision encryption system.

Is there any EMU software to open the encrypted channels?

Please help me.

Cheers!!!

I'm sorry I can't help on that. Do you know whether anyone else, regardless of which receiver they have, is able to see this package at the moment? I suggest that you open a new thread "Dream TV package on Agila2 146 East" to ask whether anyone can open it, because at the moment only a few people with Goldmaster interest will be reading this thread.

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@Artist 2004,

Thanks for your reply.

I have Powersky 1700E FTA receiver capable to open Dream TV package but i do not know if it is compatible with Goldmaster 8200.

I have the AUC software but i do not know what is the content of the file.

Can i use the file for Goldmaster?

Cheer!!!

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
walkonwater said:
@Artist 2004,

Thanks for your reply.

I have Powersky 1700E FTA receiver capable to open Dream TV package but i do not know if it is compatible with Goldmaster 8200.

I have the AUC software but i do not know what is the content of the file.

Can i use the file for Goldmaster?

Cheer!!!

Interesting. This means that your Powersky receiver, being an FTA model, has been loaded with unofficial software too. Where did you get it? It may give us a clue for finding a Goldmaster version.

As for "AUC software" I don't know what this is. Please educate me.

I can't find out anything about Dream TV package from Agila2 146E on Turkish forums because this satellite is not reachable from here, so there's no interest. And since Goldmaster is primarily supported by Turks a solution is looking slim.

walkonwater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m Ku-Band Dish
3.6m Ku/C-Band Dish
My Location
Dover
@Artist 2004,

Downloaded the software from other forum.

Also, downloaded AUC_Hedit software.
I can read the firmware from the receiver and convert the file.

Anyway, thanks for your help, really appreciated.

Artist 2004 said:
Interesting. This means that your Powersky receiver, being an FTA model, has been loaded with unofficial software too. Where did you get it? It may give us a clue for finding a Goldmaster version.

As for "AUC software" I don't know what this is. Please educate me.

I can't find out anything about Dream TV package from Agila2 146E on Turkish forums because this satellite is not reachable from here, so there's no interest. And since Goldmaster is primarily supported by Turks a solution is looking slim.