solus cards

D

doggy

i bought a solice card about 2 years ago, im trying to figure out when it will run out. i thought i was told by sky it would run out at the end of 2005.
the reason im asking is this, im giving my old box and card to my pal.
i phoned sky but no one there could tell, not suprising as the all sounded about 16.
i can buy a freeview card from sky for £20, i was told this would last between 3-5 years. i couldnt understand that one.

any ideas?

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The solus cards should last until the next card issue (whenever that might be). A new freesat card will give you exactly the same channels as you have at the moment, so unless your mates abroad, dont waste your money.

D

doggy

no i wasnt going to buy it, the next card is up to him, i was just curious.
i would love to know when it runs out

Leee

Leee

My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
by that time, it seems likely most channels received and decoded by the FTV cards will..........mostly........hopefully.........be FTA ;)

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thats very optimistic Leee. Its known that C4 & C5 have encryption contracts until 2008 / 9.

Now whilst contracts can be bought out the question is - would it be financially worthwhile?

I cant see Sky ever sending Sky3 fta - if it became the sole service ftv, My money would be on it going into the bottom pay band.