Solution needed for hotel

mistralws

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard dish, duo lnb twin, Technomate TM-5402 HD, Technomate TM-3500, Samsung 40" 3D-tv
My Location
Belgium
Hi,

I want to extend a hotel's existing television network with an additional satelite network to broadcast English and German broadcasters which are unavailable on the standaard cable distribution network.
The pictures I attach is a way of doing it but before I buy everything I want to know if I am overlooking something or if thiss will work for sure!
So please let me know what you think about this set-up:

The hotel has 45 rooms all with cable-tv for the moment, the entire system should be set-up in a server rrom so the temparature shouldn't be a problem, and the signal is already been amplified in the server room to the 45 tv's.

Hopefully a positive answer

Kind regards

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum :)

I hope you get some useful feedback but please realise we are a hobby forum and hotel installs / modifications are really outside the remit of the forum.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hello mistralws

In truth this is a hobbyist forum not for professional setups, however, I will leave the thread open for the moment provided you acknowledge the forum cannot accept any responsibility or liability for information you receive

edit too darned slow

mistralws

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard dish, duo lnb twin, Technomate TM-5402 HD, Technomate TM-3500, Samsung 40" 3D-tv
My Location
Belgium
Topper said:
Hello mistralws

In truth this is a hobbyist forum not for professional setups, however, I will leave the thread open for the moment provided you acknowledge the forum cannot accept any responsibility or liability for information you receive

edit too darned slow

Thank you, I make a note of your reply,
I am a hobbyist too, at least at home, and a friend of mine (who is manager) asked me to look out for this kind of installation because it's concerning a private owned hotel which can't afford €10.000 or more on a sat-system but still wants to offer English and German broadcasters to their customers.
I take full responsibilty on all changes made by any reply's on my question above.

Many thanks
and kind regards.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Pretty much as said above but some brief info to be going on with:

I guess an Octo LNb for Astra1, quad for Astra2 or you may go with the multiswitch route. You'll need to consider using a VSB A/V modulator headend as this would be the professional approach for a 12 channel SMATV system. I would avoid using receiver DSB modulators due to poor quality and filtering. Cable lengths and signal loses need to be calculated along with launch levels. Other options are, a DVBs - PAL modular headend. You can get two racks and build to requirements or a profiler filter and stack three or four group of channels. These can have upto 45dB of gain. There is a less expensive way to build your system but the overall picture quality maybe poor; you can use the receiver modulators and a broadband launch amplifier.