Some channels different

Mumblebee62

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 freesat boxes one sat dish
My Location
N'Hants
Ok here goes first I am not tech savvy at all..in fact, a tad on the un-clever side..so please bare with me.. Right, I have a sat dish that was on the wall when we moved in. 2 years ago we purchased a Bush Freesat box and connected it via a cable to the dish.. followed instructions and boom we have a lot of channels..all great pictures, now 2 weeks ago we got given an Openbox Freesat unit (v8?) and again we attached a cable (it has 4 output thingys on the dish) and installed this in the bedroom..please can someone explain why the Openbox doesn't get some of the channels the Bush one does. Is this the box or something we have/haven't done. Both run from the Astra satellite ( not sure if that's anything to do with anything) just added it cos it might lol we get Forces TV channel on the Bush box but not on the Openbox. same with Film4+1 Bush yes, Openbox it's blank. Sorry if this is a dumb question as I said I am not tech savvy lol

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Morning, welcome to the forum . Chances are some of the frequencies are missing from the box. The Open Freesat box is not a Freesat box as such - its just a generic free to air box with a misleading branding on it. They dont automatically set themselves up like Sky or Freesat, you have to manually edit the frequency & channel lists.

Go into the menu and find the setup / tuning section. Then work through this list to add the details of the channels you need.:

FlySat Astra 2E/2F/2G @ 28.2° East

Once you have added & saved them you need to scan the box.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It might require a firmware update for the later channel database, the V7 box used to be shipped with out of date software inside it.