Somebody please help - AT the end of my tether here!

brucelee34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan dsr-5500cip-m
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a technosat 5800 and have managed to use DMT Link and upgrade to the latest firmware. However, I have a .key file and have no clue how to patch or load this into the receiver. I have now spent 7 hours registering with many sites and not one site has a utliity to load a .key file into a technosat receiver. I am hoping someone here has a clue to how this is done. I have tried using keyfly but it does not recognise the receiver but I know the rs232 cable is okay because dmt link saw the receiver and did the firmware upload.
Somebody please help as I am at wits end !

Paul

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
First principles - what are you trying to open?

brucelee34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan dsr-5500cip-m
My Location
United Kingdom
Thank you for quick reply. I am not after anything specific, I have got a softcam key file which I think needs to be sent to my receiver. I have no software to do this. I think there may be a few channels open but it's getting the key file into the receiver thats the issue.
I have no cams installed.

Paul

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its a pretty old receiver - theres references to it going back over 3 years - which is ancient as far as digital receivers are concerned!

Generally speaking to play with keys and things like that you need to load patched firware onto the receiver then load the keys, although with the age of the receiver theres probably no unofficial support for it now.

Before you try to load new firmware on the box you will probably need to find the loader file for that particular model - may be available on the manufacturers website if they still exist. Then use that to load any firmware file you may find.

Be aware - if you patch the box with the wrong file you will almost certainly wreck it - so dont proceed unless you are 100% certain you have the right file!

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Try link (need to register I'm afraid): _http://www.sat-television.com/forumdisplay.php?f=714

brucelee34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan dsr-5500cip-m
My Location
United Kingdom
Thank you for your replies. I am wondering whether the firmware I put on the receiver has put any keys in it. Either way, I'm going to stick with FTA and be done with it!

brucelee34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan dsr-5500cip-m
My Location
United Kingdom
The solution was a program called AES_KEYMAKER. Now I can connect to my receiver and download the .key file to it. I am not sure why keyfly (the program) didn't work.
Now I seem to have quite a few more channels than just FTA

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
brucelee34 said:
Now I seem to have quite a few more channels than just FTA

Such as........... give us an example and on what satellite?