Sony Kv28L-S35U

wurzel

Reaction score
My Location
south west uk
Hi M8s,
Wonder if someone could help me please, i have a sony kv-28l-s35u tv, when i turn it on all it does is the red light on front flashes 11 times has a pause then repeats another 11 times. does anyone know the codes for this set to tell me what the problem may be. and is it an expensive job. or one i could easily do my self. many thanks for looking. wurzel. :)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Did this make a bang, pop or produce a rancid smell before it started doing this?

Don't know about that model, but if it did any of those, and going by the other symptoms I'd guess it's a dead transformer.

If it is that (it may not be, someone with more experience may be of more assistance than me) then it is an expensive repair, and not one to do yourself without prior experience.

But the flashing light it curious, it seems more alive than it should be without a transformer, maybe it's not that at all.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try this site, very good for fault diagnosis and your fault identified precisely.

wurzel

Reaction score
My Location
south west uk
Hi M8s,
Many thanks for replys to both of you, and rolfw thanks for link to answer. have a good weekend both of you . wurzel.