Spanish language channels

spencermont

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::satellite beginner
I'm asking for the best way to receive Spanish language channels.

I previously had a Humax 5400z which I've now sold, as I could no longer get any, and also lost the French Kiosk channels recently.

I have an 80cm dish, but cannot go any bigger as I live on the promenade, and anything bigger gets blown off! Also, I don't have a garden big enough to have a larger dish there.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are a few free to air Spanish language channels dotted around, probably the most on Hispasat 30W look at www.lyngsat.com/hispa.shtml You should get reasonable reception most of the time with an 80cm dish in the UK from the midlands and south.

spencermont

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for reply. What receiver would I require to get these channels? & do I need to get back into the Funcard programming thing?

I don't know if any of these channels will be free-to-air.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If all you are looking for are Spanish channels, then a Ci receiver and a Nagravision CAM with a gold card would probably do, there are a few that are free to air on Hispasat, they normally just have DVB after. There is an autoupdate file for Nagra' CAMs, the funcard file for the Freecam needs updating almost every day.

spencermont

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Can you recommend any receivers, and what is a Ci receiver exactly? I'll probably get a receiver from Ebay.

Also do I have to buy a Nagravision CAM?

Cheers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
A Ci receiver has a Common Interface where you can slot a Conditional Access Module.

Have a look in th e Digital systems forum for threads about the different receivers, there are some which have inbuilt CAMs, which when flashed will handle multiple encryptions. If you are onlt interested in Hispasat though, a nagravision CAM would possibly be better as the files I believe are autoupdating.