Sports Channels on Dreamboxes

Musicdawson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 & 600
My Location
Malta
Hi,

I've heard a lot about dreamboxes in recent weeks, and am looking into buying a couple (DM7020 & DM600) to widen my sports viewing.

I was just wondering if people could advise me on the certain sports channels and the ones with the quickest feeds that are available. I would be really interested in viewing Football, Tennis, Euro Basketball, really anything and everything... But Tennis is of big interest.

Thanks in advance

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
tennis can be had on feeds as i've seen them popup on 7e, 10e and some west satellites like 12west

so have you got a motorised dish to swing across the arc ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Musicdawson said:
Hi,

I was just wondering if people could advise me on the certain sports channels and the ones with the quickest feeds that are available. I would be really interested in viewing Football, Tennis, Euro Basketball, really anything and everything... But Tennis is of big interest.

Thanks in advance

I might be making an assumption here but that comment about the quickest feeds - are you one of the "inrun betting" boys? If so a Dreambox wont give you any advantage whatsoever over other IRB boys using the same feeds using other receivers.

And threse no guarantee whatsoever the DB will give you the feeds you desire if they are scrambled.

Musicdawson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 & 600
My Location
Malta
Thanks for the reply guys.

I do like a bet yes, but the reason for the boxes isn't just betting.

Sorry i'm a bit of a begginer when it comes to satellites and technology.. But is there faster receivers than dreamboxes, or is there just no feed speed advantage in them? I assumed that if you can get pictures from the country that the sports being shown in, it may give you a quicker feed.? I'm probably totally wrong, but just a wide range range of sports would be great in itself.

Also is there a site that has a list of Live sports being shown on satellite channels that dreamboxes would pick up. Kind of like a sports calendar?

Thanks again guys

Also, yes I'm getting a motorised dish. Thanks for the channels Wod.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The processing of the receiver makes a miniscule difference. The advantages the inrun boys go for is probably a couple of seconds by grabbing the feeds rather than the dth feed everyone else is watching.

Imagine this fairly typical setup from a racecourse.

The cameras record the action.
This is sent to the OB van.
OB relay it up to one of the satellites
Its bounced down to a television centre where its processed through framestores, editing suites etc scrambled if neccessary and bounced up to the Astra 2 satellites.
They bounce it back down to the dish on the side of your house where its decrypted and plays out on your telly.

If you can grab the signal at the feed stage you miss out all the transmission delays in the later stages, which can be worth 3 seconds or so (ITV F1 is always 3 seconds behind RTL....)

SO a few thousanths of a second difference in processing speed between a dreambox and another receiver isnt worth worrying about.

Musicdawson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020 & 600
My Location
Malta
Ok, thanks for the info.

So is there a lot of people picking up the Feeds?? Surely the signals are encrypted and need special receivers to pick up the signals?? Or is it quite rife?