• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Spraying a dish - help needed

My Satellite Setup
3m Motorised Dish with Manhattan Plaza ST-550
My Location
SA
My 3m C-band dish has begun peeling, so i wanted to spray/paint it.

But while at it, i thought it wud do gud if i could get something that wud improve signal strength as well - so is there some magic paint i cud use to for this purpose? Of course it shudn't sacrifice protection for the dish (we have some nasty weather here).

Please advise.

Also when spraying, should i be concerned about the LNB getting covered in spray. Being a 3m dish, I'll have to do the spray job on the roof.

Oh yes, and shud i strip(if so, how?) the existing paint or just spray over it. Getting it off the mesh mite be a challenge tho.

Thanks in adavnce for any help.

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
There's not any "magic" paint as far as I know, I resprayed my Ku dish with standard Matt black car paint, don't use metallic paint as this can mess up your dish's performance, and wear a safety harness if your doing it on your roof!!!

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
As 2cvbloke says no magic paint, but no need to strip the paint work just rub the existing paintwork down (use a sander if possible), and either remove or cover the LNB.

Use a good quality air drying paint and make sure it's a MATT finish NOT gloss as you might end up "cooking" your LNB. :-Nooo

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Rob said:
Use a good quality air drying paint and make sure it's a MATT finish NOT gloss as you might end up "cooking" your LNB. :-Nooo
Just watch the Super Solar Weapon episode of Mythbusters with their C-Band mirror dish, setting fire to an oily rag or whatever it was... ;)