STAB-USALS HH120 Motor DiSEqC 1.2 problem

E2R

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
I have a Stab Usals DiSEqC 1.2 motor which often ignores commands to move. Sometimes it moves often it does not. The dish is connected to the first twin inputs of a VU+ Duo2 and another DiSEqC motor (not a STA:cool: is connected to the second twin input and that drives perfectly.
Does the STAB need the receiver to be setup in any special way to make it work properly?

Any advice would be great, thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Can you check if the problem only exists when the target Channel is Vertically polarised (Or, conversely, Horizontally polarised)?

The reason I ask is that I experience similar reluctance with both my Motorised Dishes when driven by a Skybox F3.

After experimentation and logical analysis, I concluded that the current sourcing capability of the receiver is marginal. Clearly, the Voltage vs Current relationship differs depending upon whether a V Channel (13v) is the target or an H (18v).

On the occasions mine won't budge, I set a target of the opposite polarity and that does the trick.

It seems likely that the Stab when loaded needs more oomph (Technical expression!) than your other Motor and that the Box is not quite man enough to cope.