Wizard Sleeve

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Planed setup:

Dreambox streaming and sharing recorded tv to multiple mac minis
My Location
berkshire, uk
Hi All

What i want is some advice if anyone knows of a device that will sit on my network and collect tv shows from either satelite or from cable tv. What I am After Is a standalone device that is 99% reliable, and quiet. I have been looking at the dreambox and getting sky and and swapping the reciver with the dreambox, giving it all my favorite programmes and letting it do its own thing. then wathcing what is recorded on the hdd on my plasma and mac mini using salling clicker. so my next question is the dreambox reliable to the point that i can stick it in a cupboard and not have to worry about it, or is there a better device on the maket. i currently have ntl being recorded by a windows pc and that is about as reliable as a chocolate teapot. I dont mind NTL but if i have to change to sky so be it!!. I looked at the tivo as theyre going cheap on ebay now with the potential to add the turbonet card and a bigger hdd but then i read that the files that it recordes are drm protected and this can only be cracked on a windows pc and not on a mac so that really rules that out but it looks like it would do exacly what i want besides that. i dont really want the pc/mac recording the tv as this seems to be unreliable. SKY+ Would be awesome if it had a damn network card in it Doh!!!!! Finally i read somewhere taht NTL is planning on bringing out a pvr with three tuners and a ethernet connection but i have no idea when thatll be and if the ethernet will be usuable for what i want. any other suggestions???

Not really sure Which Section to ask this in but ill try here.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
What do you want to do again?
You want to record from certain unmentioned channels and watch them on various devices?
You don't want Sky+?

XBMC might be something to google as well as av baluns.

You have too much chaff for me to understand clearly what you want, it's like you want everything, you're excited and Christmas is just around the corner.....so defined clearly what you want and we might be able to help.... ;)