StarSat Keys Update

bestguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSat SR-X 650CI SUPER 2M

PC Pentium2
Hi all

I 've been always using the simple Upload utility on satsw.net site to update the software
on my SR-X 650 CI box succesfully,while recently i found some programs which graps last channel keys
from the net directly in a *.key.bin format while when i tried to use the IRDTOOL2M tool
clicking SatCodx channel update then Update channel data ,the Select File button shown demmed ,
is there is any other tool to update channel keys or do i have to save it in other format than
*.key.bin

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
bestguy said:
Hi all

I 've been always using the simple Upload utility on satsw.net site to update the software
on my SR-X 650 CI box succesfully,while recently i found some programs which graps last channel keys
from the net directly in a *.key.bin format while when i tried to use the IRDTOOL2M tool
clicking SatCodx channel update then Update channel data ,the Select File button shown demmed ,
is there is any other tool to update channel keys or do i have to save it in other format than
*.key.bin

The IRDTOOL2M has different options. When you launch, you have 4 different buttons:
Software Update - Satcodx Channel Update - Picture Download - Exit

The "Satcodx Channel Update" is used to send only data of new channels or trasponders to your box.

To send an update of software to your box, you should click on Software Update.

If you only want to edit keys, you can do it directly from your remote control:
Press MENU
Go to INSTALLATION
Go to INPUT CODE
Now on top left corner, you will see a list encryption systems. For each one, you have a list of channels. Choose the channel, press OK, choose the ID, press OK. A nwe window will pop up that enables you to edit the keys manually.

Hope it helps :)

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
bestguy said:
Hi all

*.key.bin
'
I'd appreciate if you elaborate on how you do it. I have a 200CI Plus. Can I use the Satcodx on their site? How? Thanx

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Digital2 said:
'
I'd appreciate if you elaborate on how you do it. I have a 200CI Plus. Can I use the Satcodx on their site? How? Thanx

Yes, you can use Satcods on satsw.net. Do the following:

First
go to satsw.net
go to "channel settings" section
right click on satellite you choose
click on "save target as"
save the .sdx file on your PC

Then
Launch EmUpgrade, the same sw you use to upload firmware to your box
On the Type Menu, tick the SDX option
Now, browse to the .sdx file
Upload it to your box as you do with your firmware

bestguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

PC Pentium2
i've entered some keys manually but if i have much of them ,In what format should i save the key file using Software Update Button?

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bestguy said:
i've entered some keys manually but if i have much of them ,In what format should i save the key file using Software Update Button?

The format is .bin

titish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
through computer
And what about ultra recievers like 650 ci ultra or 3100cu ultra etc,because i couldn find a way to edit keys manually,and i dont know how to do it

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
titish said:
And what about ultra recievers like 650 ci ultra or 3100cu ultra etc,because i couldn find a way to edit keys manually,and i dont know how to do it

For 650CI Ultra, go to MENU, press OK, go to Easy Installation, press 1234.

bestguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

PC Pentium2
the IRD2MTOOL Update Software option doesn't accept anythink other than rom.bin which is the complete software update file,even if i tried to rename the keys file with that name it recognizes it & says "ERROR FILE", Is there any other loader for SRX650CI except the one in 650 TOOLS on satsw.net ?

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bestguy said:
the IRD2MTOOL Update Software option doesn't accept anythink other than rom.bin which is the complete software update file,even if i tried to rename the keys file with that name it recognizes it & says "ERROR FILE", Is there any other loader for SRX650CI except the one in 650 TOOLS on satsw.net ?

Well, the only other loader I know, is the simpleupload application file, which you find when you download the complete update file.
Loaders are very much related to the decoder model; I doubt there is another loader for your box :(

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Thanx for all the guidance Deep Diver. I'm sure everybody appreciates that.
Ciao

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Digital2 said:
Thanx for all the guidance Deep Diver. I'm sure everybody appreciates that.
Ciao

:) :) :) appreciated :D :D :D

myxliv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite TV
DeepDiver said:
:) :) :) appreciated :D :D :D

Deepriver, how can i add provider or ID Key to the CoDE MENU of SRX550D ULTRA?

bestguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

PC Pentium2
i heard that if there is no loader,i can use the PC windows Hyper Terminal utility to update just Channel keys ,any body have experience with that?

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
myxliv said:
Deepriver, how can i add provider or ID Key to the CoDE MENU of SRX550D ULTRA?

My box is a SR-X650CI Super, which is like yours but it's got CI slots. So it should be using the same kind of s/w.
As far as I know, ID's, in our starsat boxes, can only be added, if they are included in the firmware.If the programmers crack the system and add them to the update patch, then those ID's will be listed in you box.
Further more, even though you added ID's and relative keys, if your box does not decode the encryption system of those ID's you add, you still cannot see those channels. You need ID's, keys, and a firmware that supports the encryption system.

It is possible to add ID's on SR-X200CI +.

Hope it is clear and helps :)

myxliv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite TV
DeepDiver said:
My box is a SR-X650CI Super, which is like yours but it's got CI slots. So it should be using the same kind of s/w.
As far as I know, ID's, in our starsat boxes, can only be added, if they are included in the firmware.If the programmers crack the system and add them to the update patch, then those ID's will be listed in you box.
Further more, even though you added ID's and relative keys, if your box does not decode the encryption system of those ID's you add, you still cannot see those channels. You need ID's, keys, and a firmware that supports the encryption system.

It is possible to add ID's on SR-X200CI +.

Hope it is clear and helps :)

OK thanks for the info...it means not possible to 550d.

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
DeepDiver said:
Yes, you can use Satcods on satsw.net. Do the following:

First
go to satsw.net
go to "channel settings" section
right click on satellite you choose
click on "save target as"
save the .sdx file on your PC

Then
Launch EmUpgrade, the same sw you use to upload firmware to your box
On the Type Menu, tick the SDX option
Now, browse to the .sdx file
Upload it to your box as you do with your firmware

Thanx.
I downloaded the .sdx file from www.satsw.net. It got saved as .sdx.txt file. I downloaded it again and downloaded/saved it this time as .sdx file.Did the remaining steps as you have written. Got an OK signal on my screen, BUT there were no new channels added to my STB. (Is it for adding new channels?!) I'd appreciate a little orientation here.
Waiting!

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Digital2 said:
Thanx.
I downloaded the .sdx file from www.satsw.net. It got saved as .sdx.txt file. I downloaded it again and downloaded/saved it this time as .sdx file.Did the remaining steps as you have written. Got an OK signal on my screen, BUT there were no new channels added to my STB. (Is it for adding new channels?!) I'd appreciate a little orientation here.
Waiting!

Yes, it would add new channels.....provided that there are new channels. Probably your channel list was already updated.

sminage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable operator
My Location
india
My reciver is sr-x3200cu . I cant upgrade this
receiver to get scrambled channels .which software is
suitable for this and how to use it. I have rs232
cable with me.
please explain step by step
plese help me
thangs for your help.
my email ID gone

alvinturla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Star Sat SR 3200CU Super
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi Pal, I tried to follow your instruction on how to see the Input Code and I found out on the IRDETCO that all of the Input Code are all the same, how to get the correct Input Code and where can I find it, it looks like this will be the solution why my IRDETCO card cannot detect. Please help. If you can answer me right away on my email Email address removed I really appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.