Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You may not have heard of Stefan, but he was one of the major players in the German satellite hobby scene.

He ran the Transponder News forum - where there were a lot of news items broken, and has died aged just 32 of pneumonia in hospital:

This is at the top of Flysat:

Stefan Hagedorn ist verstorben ::..
Transponder NEWS Chefredakteur Stefan Hagedorn gestorben
Der Gründer und Chefredakteur des Medien Dienstes Transponder NEWS ist im Alter von 32 Jahren in einem Hamburger Krankenhaus,
an den Folgen einer Lungenentzündung gestorben.
Seit 13 Jahren lieferte er zuverlässige Informationen aus der Welt der Medien und schrieb für viele Fachzeitungen als Autor.
Über die Zukunft von Transponder NEWS wird noch entschieden und bekannt gegeben.
Ich bin schockiert und sprachlos,auch mir fehlen die Worte.
Auch von mir Herzliches Beileid an die Familie, sowie seinen Freunden

Google translation:

Stefan Hagedorn is dead:: ..
NEWS transponder chief editor Stefan Hagedorn died
The founder and chief editor of the media service transponders NEWS is the age of 32 years in a Hamburg hospital,
as a result of pneumonia died.
For 13 years he provided reliable information from the world of media and wrote for many technical papers as an author.
On the future of transponder NEWS will be decided and announced.
I am shocked and speechless, I lack the words.
Also I Herzliches condolences to the family and his friends

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Sad news indeed. So young, too.

Strangely enough, yesterday I was clearing out some old Netscape Mail deleted files that got carried into my WinXP upgrade years ago, and found some of his old emails of 1998 vintage. Think I'll keep a few for old times' sake :)

Llew