Just Sharing This Strange markup language appearing on BBC channels only via Panasonic Freeview PVR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Problem with Panasonic Freeview PVRs, apparently Panasonic are looking to issue a software update to solve the problem on BBC channels in the past few days. I guess the BBC have changed something in their Red Button coding and the Panasonic PVR doesn't like it.:)

this was at a customer's house this morning, the staff in John Lewis had suggested it was probably their aerial at first.:)Panasonic-PVR-Fault-2018-01-21 11.38.34.jpg

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ah, yes, John Lewis: "Never knowingly technically proficient" :oops:

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Our Panasonic TV is 7 years old, working perfectly and we are losing our EPG info. Even going back a week it was OK, then yesterday I couldn't get beyond today as the rest is blank. This has to do with the BBC changing things, it has to be as the TV has no faults. Looks like the BBC is making a pig's ear of things. We'll have to refer to our TV magazine if this keeps up! By the way, our set is not Smart enabled.

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
The weird writing on your screen is CSS normally used for styling what websites look like. I should know I write it for a living :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Our Panasonic TV is 7 years old, working perfectly and we are losing our EPG info. Even going back a week it was OK, then yesterday I couldn't get beyond today as the rest is blank. This has to do with the BBC changing things, it has to be as the TV has no faults. Looks like the BBC is making a pig's ear of things. We'll have to refer to our TV magazine if this keeps up! By the way, our set is not Smart enabled.

The BBC shifted their expert (or was that shafted) personnel from the terrestrial group a few years back. The wage of an executive newbie position, given leverage to force staff into more profitable jobs , or redundancy is obviously better value than the wages of three of their most trusted top engineers ensuring the functionality and long term robustness over the whole platform

There is plenty more in the pipeline where this came from.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, yes, John Lewis: "Never knowingly technically proficient" :oops:

In fairness to the guy in John Lewis, what is shown in the picture is probably not exactly how the elderly customer described the problem to them. ;) :)

Last edited: