Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Guys,
I have a bit of a strange problem which I have not been able to solve and I wonder if anyone has come aross it before and can point me in he right direction.

Until 2 weeks ago my brother had a single TM-5500 receiver motorised with a CM1.2M dish and everything was working fine. Since then we have updated his system as follows:

- Receiver1 is a TM-5200. This is connected to a VBOX and then to the input of a Technomate Twin LNB
- Receiver2 is an older model TM-5500 (which was the main receiver until 2 weeks ago). This is connected to the other input of the twin LNB

If receiver1 is powered on then receiver 2 works perfectly. Even after powering down receiver1 receiver2 carries on working (as long as it's not powered off).

If however receiver1 is powered off then receiver2 gets "no signal".

I have checked the LNB Power and it is set to "on"

I have swapped the two receivers around and the behaviour is the same.

Does anyone know what could be wrong or what else I could check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like the LNB is only being powered on one port Tirosh, you may need to swap out the LNB. To test this, swap the inputs on the LNB around. :)

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Thanks Rolfw. That's what I thought originally but when I swap the receivers around then the behaviour is still the same i.e. the TM-5200 works on both ports and the TM-5500 does not work on either.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Some LNBs exhibit this problem.

I have an inverto Silvertech 0.2db TWIN, and it is fine with two receivers on it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Take the vBox out of line and see what happens.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
rolfw said:
Take the vBox out of line and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

1. I'll try removing the VBOX from the system and see what happens
2. Failing that it's back up the ladder to swap out the twin and put the single back in and see if that fixes the problem. Itf it does then I'll get the LNB replaced.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll let you know how I get on.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Rolf, here's what I have tried:

1. Swapped the two receivers around - no change
2. Took the VBOX out - no change
3. Put the old 0.6dB Blue Line LNB onto the TM-5500 and works fine with that.

This seems to indicate that the TM-5500 is not able to power the TM-2 Universal Twin LNB on either of the two ports.

The question is "Is it likely to be a problem with this particular LNB or a general problem with this make"?

Any other comments or suggestions welcome.