ihatedeskjets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 HD
E2180 2Ghz 3 TB storage
My Location
East mids uk
Hi all,
If this seems a little easy for you all I apologise as it's been doing my head in for ages and I can't figure it out!

My setup is a 90cm solid with vizyon 0.8 lnb, vizyon ndx 150 h-h and blackbox (dm500s).
I hit thor at 0.8w perfectly and every sat between there and 28.2e getting every channel.

The reason I've posted in here is that I'm missing lock on a few transponders only on 28.2e 28.5e. Namely:
11222 H no lock
11307 H no lock
11261 H no lock
11428 H no lock

11344 H lock but lots of errors

However 10921 H is perfect as are all the other transponders, I notice a trend i.e only Horizontal problems and have played with the skew etc but to no avail.

This means I am missing channel one + 1 and Horror + 1 and several others.

I have updated my box with the latest sat lists from lyngsat using dreamboxtools sat hunter.

i have also eliminated interference from phones, routers etc by switching everythnig else off but nothing helps.

Has anyone got any thoughts ? is my box faulty and doesnt like tuning those frequencies ?

Any help or ideas gratefully received.

thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Park the dish at 28E & connect the receiver direct to the lnb - in other words take the motor out of the circuit. I reckon it'll work properly then.

The H/V band switching is done by a 13/18v voltage change. - H takes the 18v level

If the motor is taking too much voltage out of the circuit then you can have problems, and we know many 500 clones have poor power supplies in them.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
In addition to the advice above, do check you've made the correct LNB settings in your receiver.

You should select Universal, Universal 1 or Universal 9750/10600 (should be obvious which your receiver expects). All other settings should then default to the correct ones and/or be greyed out.

ihatedeskjets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 HD
E2180 2Ghz 3 TB storage
My Location
East mids uk
Thanks Analoguesat + Tivu,
I bypassed the rotor and got channel one + 1, but not brilliant, a tiny adjustment east to my dish and got a solid piture. Now my rotor is back in the loop and I still have a picture.
The snr is still way below all others i.e only 74% compared to 84% on others but it's ok.

I guess I have a poor psu and as the dish was slightly out the tuner couldn't lock at all.

Thanks again for the swift response.

ihatedeskjets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox S9 HD
E2180 2Ghz 3 TB storage
My Location
East mids uk
The problems back, after sending the dish to 13e last night to watch a movie, tried channel one + 1 this morning on 28.2e and no picture, just please wait while the dish moves to 28.2e . So activating the motor seems to have sucked the juice out of my DM.
I did notice that after taking the rotor out of the circuit yesterday and then re-connecting it the green light did not come on. but now after moving the dish the light is back on. Methinks I need another DM to try.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Id say you have one with a poor psu in it. Take it outside and drown it in a bucket of water. :D