Cheekykid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
Dreambox 7020S-Gemini 4.10
8 lnb's
My Location
London
I've heared that it is possible to stream from DB to internet with VLC which transcodes the stream so that can be playable with an internet connection. However I have found no information as to how to do it. Anyone knows?

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Normally You stream from the box to the computer

Why would U open up a broadcasting system from the box ?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
To watch TV while you're at work? ;)

ruperte

Reaction score
Cheekykid said:
I've heared that it is possible to stream from DB to internet with VLC which transcodes the stream so that can be playable with an internet connection. However I have found no information as to how to do it. Anyone knows?

Try this thread - http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=53249

I've managed it using a Linux Box for VLC, for watching from Work/on a mobile :)

You use the web interface to change channels and VLC converts the 2-4Mb mpeg2 stream to a roughly 200Kb mpeg4 stream that will fit over a ADSL line.

Cheekykid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
ruperte said:
Try this thread - http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=53249

I've managed it using a Linux Box for VLC, for watching from Work/on a mobile :)

You use the web interface to change channels and VLC converts the 2-4Mb mpeg2 stream to a roughly 200Kb mpeg4 stream that will fit over a ADSL line.

I have read that thread before and I found not many info that tell you how to transcode the stream. I got VLC and media enconder but i cant figure out what settings I need to change. Can you make a short tutorial as I bet many will need it

mhku said:
To watch TV while you're at work?

That's right ;)

Cheekykid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave Frontier T90
8 lnb's
My Location
London
Anyone???:-worship