Strong signal but cant get past postcode screen

Duke2k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish and BFSAT 02sd
My Location
Kent UK
:mad:

I have a BFSAT 02SD receiver and it is linked to a Sky dish. I had no problems for several months and then suddenly we couldnt receive and channels.
My first thought was to replace the LNB, which we did and using a test meter a strong signal was received at the LNB. The receiver wouldnt get past the postcode screen, and so we tried the test meter at the receiver end of the cable, and also got a strong signal. Since then we have purchased a new receiver, and a complete new cable. The only remaining item is the dish itself. Still the same problem. We just cant get past the postcode screen and the signal is reading zero, but the signal tester is showing a great signal and alters when the dish is moved. Can anyone please help?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The dish may be pointing at the wrong satellite.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
When you state you have purchased a new receiver is this the same model?
Has your dish moved? You might be getting a strong signal but not from Astra 2, 28.2E, it could be 23.5E, 19.2E, or other. If you can borrow a normal satellite receiver, not a Freesat, or Sky box, then it should be easy to discover if you are on a different satellite.
Have you checked the manufacturers website for what causes this problem?
Beaten to it.

Duke2k

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky dish and BFSAT 02sd
My Location
Kent UK
Thanks for the advice. I will try re setting the dish and let you know how things go.:)

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
No chance of getting into non-freesat mode? If you can, you can do a tune in that mode and see if a load of German channels come up!