Stupid question alert !!!

paulwilko

My Satellite Setup
Humax 2000 HD Receiver, Motorised 80 CM Orbital Dish, Dragon CAM and SKY +
My Location
Bracknell, Berkshire
Hello

First post, so bear with me.

I am seriously looking at my options regarding ditching Sky and getting a sat system.

Other than 1000's of extra channels, will I be able to get Most if not all Sky Channels as well.

Sport would be great but i assume a no no, but that is not much of a problem because i only mostly watch the footie which i can get on the new system should i get it.

I would get linched by my step daughter and wife if the new system could not pick up the following:
Animal Planet
Geographic
Discovery
Disney
Nickolodean

Would any new system i buy, be able to pick those up ?

Another thought has crossed my mind, am i able to add a different LNB to get some different channels on my standard oval dish that i have with sky now if i bought a receiver ??

Thx

Paul

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Some of the channels for your stepdaughter are enecrypted. They are available in english on the spanish Digital+ system for €26 a month. Sport wise, nilesat has 5 sports channels for free, but you will need a big dish. ART on hotbird would also be a good bet for Premierlegue sport, but that is also a pay channel.

paulwilko

My Satellite Setup
Humax 2000 HD Receiver, Motorised 80 CM Orbital Dish, Dragon CAM and SKY +
My Location
Bracknell, Berkshire
Thnx for the reply

The more i look into this, it looks more and more likely that SKY are gonna keep getting my money, which hurts !!