Subtitles out of sync on Sly 1 HD recordings

jonnymaserati

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 with Nabilo Black Hole, 2.0m motorised dish with DiSEqC controler and twin LNB.

Mac Mini with FireDTV S2 and Elgato EyeTV (currently not in use)

Sky+ HD box and subscription (currently not in use as card is in Dreambox).
My Location
Syria
any ideas how i can get subtitles back in sync when playing back through the PVR?

when recording sly 1 HD programmes and then playing back, the subtitles are about 2 seconds ahead, which is a bit annoying for my wife who's not a native english speaker.

i know subtitles on playback of sly 1 HD is also an issue on the sly+ HD box (these were delayed by about 2 seconds) so could be an issue with the signal, but on live TV the subtitles are in sync so has to be something to do with the recording or playback processes?

is there a way to adjust the sync for subtitles on playback? if not, it would be a nice feature to add to the subtitles menu?

jonnymaserati

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 with Nabilo Black Hole, 2.0m motorised dish with DiSEqC controler and twin LNB.

Mac Mini with FireDTV S2 and Elgato EyeTV (currently not in use)

Sky+ HD box and subscription (currently not in use as card is in Dreambox).
My Location
Syria
any ideas how i can get subtitles back in sync when playing back through the PVR?

when recording sly 1 HD programmes and then playing back, the subtitles are about 2 seconds ahead, which is a bit annoying for my wife who's not a native english speaker.

i know subtitles on playback of sly 1 HD is also an issue on the sly+ HD box (these were delayed by about 2 seconds) so could be an issue with the signal, but on live TV the subtitles are in sync so has to be something to do with the recording or playback processes?

is there a way to adjust the sync for subtitles on playback? if not, it would be a nice feature to add to the subtitles menu?