Super Noob

dblock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
$KY i feel dirty even after saying it
My Location
Scotland
Hi i need alot of help please but other forums i have read and used dont seem as good as this one.

So basically i want a system which will work in 5 rooms and will connect to the best sats. E.g. 28.2 and 28.5 and so on. so maybe 4 or 5 fixed sats with a switcher? would that be a good setup.

Also if i was to have a dreambox with the cams installed would i be able to get $Caye channels like discovery and so on?

Please help as i will love you forever

Thanks

Dblock

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
With multiple receivers a fixed/fixed dishes is the best way to do it yes.

You have two choices, either fit quattro LNBs for each satellite and use a rather hefty multiswitch. I know you can get 17 in 6 out switches that would do 4 satellites and up to 6 receivers. I presume you can get them with more inputs.

Or for up to 4 satellites you can use Octo LNBs with very cheap 4-way Diseqc switches.

Not sure what $caye is but if you mean Sky, you cant get it without a valid subscription.

Robbo:)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat

Lol the $kkaiy is the limit when people are trying to find new and strange ways of writing §ckhy without actualy writing sky.

Reminds me of the MP Jehova scene (yes I know it's a thread Hyjack)

[tube]Erthun0Pauc[/tube]

dblock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Cheers Robbo a great help. T_G yeah come im new to this game lol. When i read other peoples posts here no one said sky the all wrote S*Y or $ky or Skye so i thought your not ment to say it.

Okay so for 4 sats i would be better with a octo lnb and the norm Diesqc. and that would let me watch it in 5 rooms? and different channels?

I have a valid sky anyway is just im not paying 50quid extra a month plus the said they need to upgrade the dish i guess they mean the lnb which is another 200quid plus i hate them anyway.

Okay so can you tell me what you think of this set up then. Will be ordering from one of Sites sponsors as well its the least i can do for the help. so a 90cm dish with octo lnb facing 28.2 another 90cm dish with octo lnb facing 28.5. unless one dish can face both with another lnb on it without losing too much quality, And i dont know which other sats i should face. Ideally i would like Hindi/urdu channels but ****** 1 doesnt seem very good. And the forth one i dont know just good English channels would be nice.

Robbo you have a technomate what are they like as i would want them for the other rooms so they can just watch tv in hd or not and its simple. i would like something a bit more tinkerable so i was thinking a dreambox? Also would i have to load in the cams and which one would i use?

Sorry for the long posts it just im really eger to find out this stuff and then when someone who dont know i can tell them.

Thanks again

Dblock

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, an Octo LNB has eight independent outputs, so you can have up to 8 recivers running completely independently, or 4 twin tuners, or a combination.

In conjuction with Diseqc switches each receiver would have access to all satellites independent of what the other receivers are doing.

The best way to wire it up as far as I'm concerned is down to cost, whichever way you do it, you are going to have a lot of wiring to do.

You don't need a separate dish, let alone a separate LNB for 28.2/28.5E, they are considered to be co-located for your run of the mill 90cm dish.

The mains sats people go for are 13E,19E, 28E + one other. I think 9E has some channels that may be suitable, I don't know what language they are, but they are from India, check on Lyngsat.

9E,13E,19E,28E -- all possible with just one dish, multi LNB.

The Technomate is yes, very easy to use and inexpensive, you can't tinker with it as such, but software for it to view channels by VPS is readily available. The HD versions are a lot more expansive in the £250-£300 region.

The Dreamboxes/Linux boxes have an advantage that it is possible to network them together so that they could all access the same smart card. The Eagle Linux boxes start at about £90.
Not something I bother with as I only have one receiver, and it does all I want.

:)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Isn't there a limit of two dishes that one can install, including the Sky dish?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
HB13DISH said:
Isn't there a limit of two dishes that one can install, including the Sky dish?

Yes there is.

I have three:-rofl2

But someone actually has to complain, if no-one complains no-one knows.;)

dblock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Robbo your a legend mate thank you so much.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
No problem.

Incidentally, if you wanted 9E and 13E depending on what dish it is, you may need the Alps narrow feed horn LNBs, I think they do them in the Octo variety, although they may not be cheap.