SuperJack DG-120+ Send to Zero..not really!

sassofonu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
mt
Hi all,

I have the above motor and when I send it to zero from the receiver it slews towards the East onto the 10degree mark on the motor axis. I bought the motor from Germany. Whatever longitude value I input it always goes to the same value on goto zero command.

Anyone had the same problem and can provide cure!? The thing is that Usals will not work..

Thanks.

Another question, I had the dish set up professionally to track the satellite arc. Could get fifteen sats from 42E to 30W. However I have now uploaded new firmware into the receiver which deleted all satellites except for Astra and Hotbird. Correct me if I'm wrong but I should be able to find all the others through the receiver alone right? I did not touch the dish. I can use diseqc to shift the dish using the remote control and lock it onto the various sats right?

Many thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you should be able to find everything.

If you use standard DiseqC commands, then you should be able to save the satellites and go back to them afterwards. Can't understand why the motor should think that 10 degrees off centre is zero though.

sassofonu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
mt
Thanks rolfw, the installer in fact had used Usals but inputed Lon 2.7E and Lat.41N, instead of 14.4E and 35.9E (my actual co-ords). Now when I input either coords in Usals it strays away from the satellite positions.

is it possible to save the positions using the buttons on the motor rather than from the remote control? As I think it's easier to fine tune on an exact position like that.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is there a reset button on the motor? If it is liike the Moteck, then there is a small hole next to one of the drive buttons, you need to manually drive it to zero and then press reset using a thin steel probe.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They may just be drain holes, we really need to see the handbook.

It may be worthwhile trying a factory reset on the receiver if you haven't already.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Although similar to the Moteck, the Jaeger DG-120 that I had did not have a reset facility. Just a drive east and drive west button, no hole to poke a probe into that pushed against a micro-switch.
Parky

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks Parky, thought that might have been the case, was just hoping that it wasn't. :)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
BTW, the handbook that I had was in German. I emailed jaeger for an English version, also searched the web for the same, all to no avail though.
I'll keep with the Stab motors, prefer to drop a dish onto a mounting stub. Rather than trying to lift a dish up to the stub, hold onto a ladder and trying to tighten up nuts all at the same time
.Parky

sassofonu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
mt
I was told to take the motor to zero using the 2 switches, switch off the receiver, and press both buttons then switch on again keeping them pressed down for 10-15 seconds...

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
And does that work at all ??

L.:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, he fell off the ladder, because he wasn't holding on. :eek::-rofl2

sassofonu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
mt
Thanks for all your replies, I saved your responses and will try them out the next time I need to change my receiver firmware.

Regards